|1Biliavska, LO |
1D.K. Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2014, 11:139-145|
A model of mixed adeno-herpetic infection of cells MDBK is developed, and features of the reproduction of viruses are described. The simultaneous infection of cells caused the inhibition of reproduction of both viruses. The amplification of HadV-5 reproduction and the inhibition of HSV-1/US reproduction in the case where cells were superinfected by herpesvirus are shown. The efficiency of ribamidil has been studied under conditions of mixed infection of cells. 100% inhibition of the adenovirus reproduction by ribamidil under the conditions of mono- and mixed infections is detected. Under the conditions of mixed infection, the efficiency of ribamidil against HSV-1 decreases.
|Keywords: adeno-herpetic infection, antiviral activity, ribamidil|
1. Kinchington P., Romanowski E., Gordon G. J. Antimicrob. Chemotherapy, 2005, 55: 424–429. https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dki057
2. Ershov F. I., Kovalenko A. L., Romantsov M. G. et al. Herpetic infection: pathogenesis issues, methodological approaches to therapy. A guide for physicians (Eds. Romantsov M. G., Golubev S. Yu.), Moscow, 1997 (in Russian).
3. Da Palma T., Doonan B. P., Trager N. M., Kasman L. M. Virus Res., 2010, 149, No 1: 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.virusres.2010.01.002
4. European Collection of Animal Cell Cultures Catalog (4th ed.), Porton Down, Salisbury (UK) PHLS Centre of Applied Microbiology and Research, 1990.
5. Berencsi Gy., Dyachenko N. S., Tarassishin L. A. et al. Acta microbial. Hung., 1986, 33, No 3: 233–243.
6. Nosach L. N., Dyachenko N. S. Cytopathology of adenovirus infection, Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1982 (in Russian).
7. Nosach L. N., Povnitsa O. Yu. Vestn. farmakologii i farmatsii, 2007, No 9: 52–64 (in Russian).
8. Lapach S. N., Chubenko A. V., Babich P. N. Statistical methods in biomedical research using Excel, Kiev: Morion, 2001 (in Russian).
9. Bordin P., Merlin U., Pugina P. Eur. J. Ophthalmol., 1992, No 2, Iss. 4: 175–178.
10. Gardner P. S., McGuckin R., McQuillin J. Br. Med. J., 1972, No 3: 175. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.3.5819.175-b
11. Bozzola J. J. Conventional Specimen Preparation Techniques for Transmission Electron Microscopy of Cultured Cells. In: Electron microscopy: methods and protocols. (2 nd ed., ed. by John K.), Totowa: Humana Press, 2007: 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-294-6_1
12. Nosach L. N., Dyachenko N. S., Zhovnovataya V. L. Mikrobiol. zhurn., 2009, 71, No 5: 60–67 (in Russian).
13. De Clercq E. Adv. Virus. Res. ,1993, 42: 1–55. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-3527(08)60082-2