|1Kaminsky, AA, 2Dudyk, MV, 2Kipnis, LA |
1S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2014, 5:50-57|
The calculation of the process zone in a part of the initial prefracture zone adjacent to the interfacial shear crack tip is executed by the Wiener–Hopf method for the plane strain conditions within a complex model. The crack lips are in contact with friction. The normal and tangential displacement discontinuities in the process zone are assumed. The expressions for the calculation of the process zone length and the crack opening are obtained. The process zone influence on the crack advancement is investigated by the deformation criterion. The fact that the crack advancement is a result of the relative shear of its lips near the tip is discovered.
|Keywords: advancement, interfacial crack|
1. Kaminsky A. A., Dudyk M. V., Kipnis L. A. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2013, No. 5: 60–65 (in Russian).
2. Kaminsky A. A., Nizhnik S. B. Prikl. mekhanika, 1995, 31, No. 10: 3–27 (in Russian).
3. Kaminsky A. A., Usikova H. I., Dmitrieva E. A. Prikl. mekhanika, 1994, 30, No. 11: 69-75 (in Russian).
4. Smith E. Materials Science and Engineering. 1980, 44: 205–211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5416(80)90121-4
5. Tvergaard V., Hutchinson J. W. J. Mech. Phys. Solids., 1993, 41, No. 6: 1119–1135. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(93)90057-M
6. Panasyuk V. V., Panko I. Fiz.-khim. mekhanika materialiv, 2005, No. 4: 5–8 (in Ukrainian).
7. Kaminsky A. A., Kipnis L. A. Dopov. Nac akad. nauk Ukr., 2010, No. 2: 60–64 (in Russian).
8. Kaminsky A. A., Kipnis L. A. Dopov. Nac akad. nauk Ukr., 2011, No. 1: 38–43 (in Russian).
9. Comninou M. J. Appl. Mech. Brief Notes, 1977, 44: 780–781. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3424179
10. Comninou M., Dundurs J. J. of Elasticity, 1980, 10, No. 2: 203–212. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00044504
11. Ostrik V. I., Ulitko A. F. The Wiener-Hopf method in contact problems of the theory of elasticity. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 2006 (in Russian).
12. Uflyand Ya. S. Integral transformations in problems of the theory of elasticity. Leningrad: Nauka, 1967 (in Russian).
13. Dudik M. V. Teoret. i pikl. mekhanika, 2009, Iss. 46: 81–90 (in Russian).
14. Bakirov V. F., Goldshtein R. V. Prikl. matematika i mekhanika, 2004, 68, Iss. 1: 170–179 (in Russian).