|1Zvolsky, ST |
1S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2014, 6:85-91|
By calculations and experimentally, the additive component of the count rate of a neutron moisture meter, which is caused by the soil framework density, is identified. These data and the laboratory data on the bulk moisture and the soil framework density allow the construction of a single calibration curve for a neutron moisture meter in the entire interval of possible variations in the soil framework density. To interpret the results of borehole measurements with this curve, the soil framework density is replaced by the density of soil with a natural moisture, which was determined with a radioisotope density gage directly in a borehole under study.
|Keywords: density, moisture, radioisotope methods, soils|
1. Olgaard P. L. On the theory of the neutronic method for measuring the water content in soil: Risö Report 97. Copenhagen, 1965.
2. DSTU B. V. 2.1–26:2009. Bases and foundations of buildings and structures. Soils. Methods radioisotope density and humidity measurement. Publ. 01.10.2010 (in Ukrainian).
3. Greacen E. L., Schrale G. Austral. J. Soil Res., 1976, No. 14: 159–169. https://doi.org/10.1071/SR9760159
4. Ketov A. Ju., Ivashchenko S. O., Zvolsky S. T. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2012, No. 3: 118–122 (in Ukrainian).
5. Technical description and instruction manual. Surface-depth radioisotope moisture analyzer VPGR-1. Poltava: Izd-vo Poltava, 1982 (in Russian).
6. Kulyk V., Bondarenko M., Kashuba G., Stasiv O. Visn. KNU im. T. G. Shevchenko. Ser. Geologiia, 2008, Iss. 45: 34–38 (in Ukrainian).