|1Kalinichenko, KV, 1Nikovskaya, GN, 1Ulberg, ZR |
1F. D. Ovcharenko Institute of Biocolloidal Chemistry of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2014, 6:114-119|
The influences of biological and chemical extractions of heavy metals on the physical and chemical properties of sludge biocolloids and the stability of a concentrated sludge suspension formed on the municipal wastewater biological treatment plant are compared. The most significant changes occur at the biological heterotrophic process, namely: increase of the organic component by ∼10%, hydrophobization of biocolloids surface, decrease of their negative charge, and increase of the sedimentation rate by 10–20 times as compared with chemical processes.
|Keywords: heavy metals extraction, stability of colloidal sludge systems, surface properties|
1. Berbecea A., Radulov I., Sala F. Res. J. Agr., 2008, 40, No. 2: 15–20.
2. Vesilind P. A., Spinosa L. Part I: Sludge production and characterization. Production and regulations In: Sludge into biosolids. Processing, disposal and utilization. London: IWA Publ., 2001: 3–18.
3. Matthews P. Part II: Options for biosolids utilization and sludge disposal. Agricultural and other land uses. In: Sludge into biosolids. Processing, disposal and utilization. London: IWA Publ., 2001: 41–73.
4. Evilevich A. Z., Evilevich M. A. Utilization of sewage sludge. Leningrad: Stroyizdat, Leningr. otd-nie, 1988 (in Russian).
5. Niconovskaya G. N., Kalinichenko K. V. Khimiia i tekhnologiia vody, 2013, 35, No. 2: 140–150 (in Russian).
6. Tazhybaeva S. M., Musabekov K. B., Obrazymbetova A. B. Kolloid. zhurn., 2003, 65, No. 1: 132–135 (in Russian).
7. Boiko Yu. P., Alekseev O. L., Ovcharenko F. D. Kolloid. zhurn., 1977, 39, No. 3: 433–437 (in Russian).
8. Kalinichenko K. V., Nicovskaya G. N., Ulberg Z. R. Kolloid. zhurn., 2013, 75, No. 3: 304–308 (in Russian).
9. Nicovskaya G. N., Ulberg Z. R., Koval L. A. Kolloid. zhurn., 20001, 63, No. 6: 820-824 (in Russian).
10. Shymell G. Method of electron microscopy. Moscow: Mir, 1972 (in Russian).
11. Novakov I. A., Navrotsky A. V., Dtryabina S. S. et al. Izv. VolgGTU, 2007, 31, No. 5: 116–119 (in Russian).
12. Uriev N. B., Kuchin I. V. Uspekhi khimii, 2004, 73, No. 1: 39–62 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1070/RC2004v073n01ABEH000861
13. Kalinichenko K. V., Nikovskaya G. N., Ulberg Z. R. Kolloid. zhurn., 2012, 74, No. 5: 576–581 (in Russian).
14. Kalinichenko K. V., Nikovskaya G. N., Ulberg Z. R. The state of heavy metals in silt colloid systems // Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2012, No. 7: 128–131 (in Russian).
15. DSTU TU 204 UA 76–93 Fertilizer from sewage sludge (in Ukrainian).