|1Fedorchuk, OG |
1R.E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2National Cancer Institute, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2014, 6:167-172|
The comparative investigation of the sensitivity of primary LLC and drug resistant LLC/R9 cells to natural killer cells and macrophages of C57BL/6 intact mice is performed in vitro. It is shown that the forming of a resistance to cisplatin by LLC cells is accompanied by an increase of their sensitivity to the cytotoxic action of natural killer cells and a decrease of the susceptibility to the cytolytic activity of macrophages. High LLC/R9 cell sensitivity to the cytotoxic action of natural killer cells possibly was caused by a diminished expression of MHC class I molecules. Decreased sensitivity of resistant cells to the cytolysis by nonsensitized macrophages was associated with a high ability to undergo autophagy.
|Keywords: killer cells, Lewis lung carcinoma, macrophages of mice|
1 Kavetskiy R. E. Interaction of an organism and a tumor. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1977 (in Russian).
2. Osinskiy S., Baupel P. Microphysiology of tumors. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 2009 (in Russian).
3. Aptsiauri N., Cabrera T., Garcia-Lora A. et al. Int. Rev. Cytol., 2007, 256: 139–189. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0074-7696(07)56005-5
4. Schreiber R. D., Old L. J., Smyth M. J. Science, 2011, 331: 1565–1570. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1203486
5. Snodgrass M. J., Morahan P. S., Kaplan A. M. J. Natl. Cancer Inst., 1975, 55, No. 2: 455–462.
6. Kolesnik D. L. Biological properties of modified variant of Lewis lung carcinoma, associated with tumor angiogenesis. (Extended abstract of candidate thesis), R.E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, NAS of Ukraine Kyiv, Ukraine, 2010 (in Ukraine).
7. Pyaskovskaya O. N., Dasyukevich O. I., Kolesnik D. L. et al. Exp. Oncol., 2007, 29, No. 3: 197–202.
8. Fedorchuk O. G., Pyaskovskaya O. M., Skivka L. M. et al. Cytokine, 2012, 57, No. 1: 81–88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cyto.2011.10.022
9. Fedorchuk O. G. Med. khimiia, 2012, 14: 5–10.
10. Sugimoto Y., Hirakawa Y., Tanaka N. et al. Cancer Res., 1986, 46: 5646–5648.
11. Berezhnaya N. M., Belova O. B., Vinnichuk Y. D., Tarutinov V.I. Exp. Oncol., 2009, 31, No. 4: 242–245.
12. Kiessling R., Klein E., Wigzell H. Eur. J. Immunol., 1975, 5, No. 2: 112–117. https://doi.org/10.1002/eji.1830050208
13. Pinegin B. V., Yarilin A. A., Simonova A. V. et al. The use of flow cytometry to assess the functional activity of the human immune system. Manual for laboratory doctors. Moscow, 2001 (in Russian).
14. Janeway C. A., Travers P., Walport M., Shlomchik M. Immunology: the immune system in health & disease, 5 ed. New York: Garlandpress, 2005.
15. Chen Y, McMillan-Ward E., Kong J. et al. Cell Death Differ., 2008, 15, No 1: 171–182. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.cdd.4402233