|1Sakhatskyi, OI |
1Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth Institute of Geological Science of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 10:40-48|
The first results on using the gross primary productivity data from the satellite product MOD17 for the 2012–2013 vegetation cycle are presented for the calculation of parameters of the carbon assimilation by winter wheat, sunflower and maize crops within the Mykolayiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Cherkasy regions and southern part of the Kiev region. It is revealed that the highest values of GPP (8.86 g C · m−2 · day−1) are typical of winter wheat in heading-flowering stages, and then they sharply reduced to 2.6 g C · m−2 · day−1 over the next month. For the period from October 2012 to October 2013, the maximum total GPP was for the Dnipropetrovsk region (more than 17 Mt of carbon). Overall, the contribution of the agrovegetation to GPP annual values is about 55% for the Mykolayiv and Dnipropetrovsk regions and around 45% for the Cherkasy region and southern part of the Kiev region.
|Keywords: croplands, Gross Primary Productivity, MOD17, satellite monitoring|
- Movchan D. M. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2008, No 8: 108–112 (in Ukrainian).
- Earth systems change over Eastern Europe. Ed. V. I. Lyalko, Kyiv: Folyant, 2010 (in Russian).
- Lyalko V. I., Sakhatsky A. I., Kostyuchenko Y. V., Artemenko I. G., Zholobak G. M., Levchik E. I., Movchan D.M. Space sci. and technol., 2012, 18, No 2: 3–14 (in Ukrainian).
- The National Report on the State of Environment in Ukraine in 2012. Kyiv: Tsentr ekol. osvity and inform., 2013 (in Ukrainian).
- Jing Chen, Huifang Zhang, Zirui Liu, Mingliang Che, Baozhang Chen. Remote Sens., 2014, 63, No 4: 3321–3348. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs6043321
- User's Guide GPP and NPP (MOD17A2/A3) Products NASA MODIS Land Algorithm; Version 2.0. Washington: MODIS Land Team, DC, USA, 2003.
- Multispectral remote sensing in nature management. Ed. V. I. Lyalko, M. O. Popov. Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2006 (in Ukrainian).
- Sakhatsky A. I., Lyalko V. I., Khodorovsky A. Ja., Bujanova I. Ja., McCallum J. Inter. Rep. Laxenburg: Austria, IIASA, IR-02-29, 2002, Apr.: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Admin/PUB/Documents/IR-02-029.pdf
- Lyalko V. I., Nilsson S., Sakhatsky A. I., Shvidenko A., McCallum J., Hodorovsky A. Ja., Harechko O. G. New Strategies for European Remote Sensing. Ed. M. Oluic. Rotterdam: Millpress, 2005.
- Patel N. R., Dadhwal V. K., Saha S.K. ISPRS Archives XXXVIII-8/W3 Workshop Proceedings: Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture, Dec. 17–18, 2009. Ahmedabad, India, 2009.
- Béziat P., Ceschia E., Dedieu G. Agricul. and For. Meteorol., 2009, 149: 1628–1645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2009.05.004