|1Valter, AA, 2Dikiy, NP, 2Dovbnia, AN, 1Eremenko, GK, 2Liashko, Yu.V, 1Storizhko, VYe. |
1Institute of Applied Physics of the NAS of Ukraine, Sumy
2National Science Center "Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology" of the NAS of Ukraine
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 3:57-64|
The gamma spectra, which are obtained with the great statistics of measurements, of a mineral weeksite (K2(UO2)2(Si5O13) · 3H2O) from the Khanneshin deposit in the southern Afghanistan, and their interpretation executed with account for the newest data on the relative activity of radioactive nuclides of the families of 235U and 238U have allowed us to define a deviation from the radioactive balance in the studied mineral. Features of geological and geographical positions of the studied sample have allowed comparing the deviations from the radioactive balance with the age of the mineral crystallization defined thus as 273 (+65; −41) thousand years. The obtained data confirm the tendency of the increase in the ore potential of uranium deposits of the Alpine-Himalayan belt with a reduction of their age and from the West to the East. This can have great meaning for science and practice.
|Keywords: Afghanistan, mineral, uranium ores, weeksite|
1. Valter A. A., Dikiy N. P., Dovbnya A. N., Lyashko Yu. V., Pisansky A. I., Storizhko V. E. Problems of atomic science and technolology, 2007, 5, ser. Nuclear Physics Investigations (48): 69–75.
2.Valter A. A., Dikii N. P., Dovbnia A. N, Liashko Yu. V., Pisanskii A. I., Storizhko V. E. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2009, 7: 76–81 (in Russian).
3. Borzenkova L. I., Zubakov V. A. Global paleoclimates of the late cenozoic, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1990.
4. Golubev V. N., Chernushev I. V. Heokhimiia, 2009, 4: 339–347 (in Russian).
5. Yeremenko H. K., Ilmenev E. S., Azimi N. A. Dokl. AN SSSR, 1977, 237, No 5: 1191–1193 (in Russian).
6. Yeremenko H. K., Vikhter B. A., Chmyrev V. M., Khabibulo A. Dokl. AN SSSR, 1975, 223, No 2: 427–430 (in Russian).
7. Alzakhov V. Yu., Atakishiev Z. M., Azimi N. A. Sov. heologiia, 1977, 4: 131–136 (in Russian).
8. Pakulnis H. V., Komarnitskii H. M. Heologiia rudnykh mestorozhdenii, 1995, 37, No 5, 427–438 (in Russian).
9. Mironov Yu. B. The types of uranium deposits in the Alpine-Himalayan belt. Radioactivity and radioactive elements in the human environment. Materialy IV Mezhdunar. konf., Tomsk, 4–8 june 2013, Tomsk: Izd-vo Tomskoho hos. Univ., 2013 (in Russian).
10. Berns P. K. Zap. Vseros. mineral. ob-va, 2002, 132, No 6: 90–114 (in Russian).
11. Krivovichev V. H. Mineralogical dictionary. St.-Petersburg: Izd-vo St.-Petersburg. un-ta, 2008 (in Russian).