|1Konoval, VP |
1I. M. Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Sciences of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 5:83-89|
|Section: Materials Science|
The high-temperature oxidation behavior of titanium-chromium diboride and composites and coatings on its base has been investigated at 800 and 1000 ºC in air. The obtained kinetic curves of isothermal oxidation follow the parabolic shape, which testifies to the formation of protective oxide films on the specimen surface. Pure TiCrB2 has higher heat resistance as compared with those of TiCrB2−NiAlCr composite and detonation coatings on it. The oxidation rate constants and the energy of activation in the 800–1000 ºC temperature range have been calculated. The films consisting of TiO2 and B2O3 are formed on the surface of oxidized TiCrB2 specimens. On the TiCrB2−NiAlCr composite surface, a small amount of Al2O3 has been additionally formed.
|Keywords: composite materials, detonation coating, high temperature oxidation, titanium–chromium diboride|
- Samsonov G.V., Markovskii L.Ya., Zhigach A.F., Valiashko M.G. Boron, its compounds and alloys, Kyiv, Izd. AN USSR, 1960 (in Russian).
- Kozina G.K., Prihno I.G., Dzykovich I.Ya., Artemyuk S.A. Sverkhtverdye Materialy, 1996, No 3: 14–21 (in Russian).
- Umanskyi O. P., Panasyuk A.D., Konoval V.P., Ignatovich S.R., Dvornik E. P., Gulevets' V.D. Composite wear-resistant material based on titanium diboride, Ukrainian Patent 25 933, 2007, Bulletin # 13 (in Ukrainian).
- Umanskii A.P., Konoval V. P., Panasyuk A.D., Dvornik E. P. Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, 2007, 46, No 1, 2: 90–94 (in Russian).
- Konoval V.P. Problems of Tribology, 2009, No 4: 93–96 (in Ukrainian).
- Koval'chenko M. S., Ochkas L. F., Yurchenko D. Z. Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, 1982, 21, No 11: 876–879 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00805479
- Evtushok T.M., Grigor'ev O.N., Kostenko A.D., Zhunkovskii G. L., Kotenko V.A., Mazur P.V. Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, 2005, 44, No 7–8: 353–357 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-005-0102-6
- Konoval V.P. Adheziya Rasplavov, Paika Materialov, 2012, No 45: 55–60 (in Russian).
- Podchernyaeva I.A., Astakhov E.A., Umanskii A. P., Panasyuk A.D., Konoval V.P., Panashenko V.M. Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, 2010, 49, No 5–6: 295–303 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-010-9236-2
- Kofstad P. High-temperature oxidation of metals, New York: Wiley, 1966.
- Emanuel N. M., Knorre D.G. The course of chemical kinetics, Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1962 (in Russian).
- Tampieri A., Bellosi A. J. Mater. Sci, 1993, 28: 649–653. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01151240
- Tampieri A., Landi E., Bellosi A. J. Therm. Anal, 1992, 38: 2657–2668. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01979742
- Berezhnoy A. S. Multicomponent systems of oxides, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 1970 (in Russian).