|1Valter, AA, 1Storiszko, VYe., 2Andreev, AV, 3Pavljuk, VN, 3Pisansky, AI |
1Institute of Applied Physics of the NAS of Ukraine, Sumy
2Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
3Right-bank Expedition of Ukrainian Geological Company, Fursy, Kyiv region
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 5:61-70|
In monazite ore deposits on the west of the Kirovograd area, the variety of the mineral by an age of 2 billion years practically without uranium, which contains ∼10% of thorium and ∼1% of lead with cleanliness of 98% on 208 isotope is established. It is predicted that such lead may be a perspective coolant for reactors of the IV generation without additional isotope enrichment. The method and results of searching for such raw material are described, the content of elements and structural characteristics of the mineral are presented, and the estimation of its resources is done.
|Keywords: coolant, lead-208, monazite, thorium, X-ray fluorescence|
- Khorasanov G. L., Blokhin A. I., Valter A.A. Nuclear reactors, 2012, Chapter 4: 58–70.
- Khorasanov G. L., Blokhin A. I. Application of stable lead isotope Pb-208 in nuclear power engineering and its acquisition techniques, New York: Nova Science, 2013: 1–19.
- Shmelev A.N., Kulikov G.G., Apse V.A., Chekin A.A., Kulikov E.G. Application of stable lead isotope Pb-208 in nuclear power engineering and its acquisition techniques, New York: Nova Science, 2013: 43–97.
- Parrington J.R, Knox H.D., Breneman S. L. et al. Nuclides and Isotopes. Sixteen Edition. Lockheed Martion Corporation, 2002, 89: 5.
- Smirnov Yu.A., Borisevich V.D., Sulaberidze G.A. The Theoretical Bases of Chemical Technology, 2012, 46, No 4: 463–469 (in Russian).
- Valter A.A., Storizhko V. E., Dikiy N. P., Dovbnya A.N. et al. Problems of atomic science and technology (PAST), 2005, No 6(45): 142–146.
- Valter A.A. Proceedings of the Ukrainian Mineralogical Society, 2011, 8: 24–29 (in Ukrainian).
- Anidsimov V.A., Kuzmin A.V., Makivchuk O. F., Mihnitskaya T.P., Ryabenko V.A. Geological J., 2007, No 7: 51–58 (in Ukrainian).
- Valter A.A., Podberezskaya N.V., Ponevchinsky V.V., Pisansky A. I. III Internat. Conf. "Crystallogenesis and mineralogy" September 27–October 1, 2013, Novosibirsk, Russia. Abstract volume (Compiled and edited by T.B. Bekker K.D. Litasov N.V. Sobolev): 59–60.
- Valter A.A., Khorasanov G. L., Storizhko V. E., Andreev A.V., Kramchenkov A.B., Pavljuk V.N., Pisansky A. I., Ponevchinski V.V. Proceedings of Forth Conference "Heavy Liquid-Metal Coolants in Nuclear Technologies (Editor-in-Chief G. I. Toshinsky)" (HLMC-2013), Obninsk: SSC RF–IPPE, 2013, 2: 364–372.
- Andreev A.A. Monazite: age, geochemical peculiarities and possible source of origin on the territory of Ukraine, Ph.D. Thesis, Kyiv, 2011 (in Russian).