|1Kovalchuk, OM |
1National Museum of Natural History of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 6:175-180|
The ecological characteristics of the Late Miocene freshwater fish assemblages of the Southern Ukraine are studied. The taxonomic analysis of the late Sarmatian, Meotian, and Pontian ichthyocomplexes from 24 fossil-bearing strata of 20 localities has been carried out. Taxonomic complexity of the Late Miocene bony fish assemblages is estimated, and the comparison of their faunistic composition with oryctocenoses close by age on the territory of Europe and Asia is presented.
|Keywords: freshwater ichthyofauna, late Sarmatian, Meotian, Pontian, taxonomic diversity, Ukraine|
- Poff N. L., Allan J.D., Bain M.B., Karr J.R., Prestegaard K. L., Richter B.D., Sparks R. E., Stromberg J.C. BioScience, 1997, 47: 769–784. https://doi.org/10.2307/1313099
- Pusey B. J., Arthington A.H., Read M.G. Environmental Biology of Fishes, 1995, 42: 181–199. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00001996
- Emelyanov I.G., Zagorodniuk I.V., Khomenko V.N. Ecology and noospherology, 1999, 8, No 4: 6–18 (in Russian).
- Topachevsky V.A., Emelyanov I.G., Rekovets L. I., Krakhmalnaya T.V. Ecology and noospherology, 2000, 9, No 1–2: 25–34 (in Russian).
- Reyjol Y., Hugueny B., Pont D. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 2007, 16: 65–75. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-8238.2006.00264.x
- Shannon K. Works on information theory and cybernetics, Moscow: IL, 1963 (in Russian).
- Megurran E. Ecological diversity and its measurement, Moscow: Mir, 1992 (in Russian).
- Pielou E.C. Ecological diversity, New York: Wiley, 1975.
- Molyavko G. I. Neogene of Southern Ukraine, Kyiv: AN URSR Publishing, 1960 (in Ukrainian).
- Pasechny G.V. Palaeogeographical stages (on example of the Neogene of Ukraine): Thesis for obtaining the scientific degree Dr. Geol.-Miner. Sci., Kyiv, 1986 (in Russian).
- Kovalchuk A.N. Late Miocene carp fishes (Cyprinidae) of Southern Ukraine, Sumy: Universytets'ka knyga, 2015 (in Russian).