|1Gulevskyy, OK |
1Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the NAS of Ukraine, Kharkiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2015, 7:123-128|
A semiquantitative evaluation of the glycogen content in neutrophils of freshly isolated and cryopreserved leukoconcentrates subjected to the incubation in a medium containing a low-molecular fraction (below 5 kD) from cord blood (0.15 mg/ml) is performed. It is found that the fraction contributed to glycogenolysis in cryopreserved neutrophils, which is manifested as a significant reduction in the mean cytochemical coefficient. It is shown that the effect of the low-molecular fraction from cord blood on glycogenolysis is blocked by a glycolysis inhibitor, sodium iodoacetate. The obtained data reveal a mechanism of the stimulating effect of the low-molecular fraction from cord blood on the energy metabolism of leukoconcentrate cells.
|Keywords: cord blood, cryopreservation, glycogen, neutrophils|
- Gulevsky O.K., Akhatova Yu. S., Sysoev A.A., Sysoeva I.V. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2014, No 7: 152–157 (in Ukrainian).
- Grishina V.V., Timokhina Ye.V., Andreeva L.Yu. Voprosy Ginekologii, Akusherstva i Perinatologii, 2004, 3, No 6: 50–54 (in Russian).
- Gulevsky O.K., Akhatova Yu.S., Moiseeva N.N., Gorina O. L., Chizhevsky V.V., Stepanyuk L.V. Problems of Cryobiology, 2012, 22, No 1: 71–79 (in Russian).
- Brock T.D. Membrane filtration: a user's guide and reference manual, Madison, WI: Science Tech., 1983. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-08650-6
- Medical immunobiological preparations: Methodological recommendations on the standard operating procedures for blood products, Resolution on Quality 42–3002–011–2005, Kyiv: Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 2005. Directive No 376 of Ministry of Health of Ukraine dd 26.07.2005 (in Ukrainian).
- Clinical laboratory analytics. Vol. 2. Some analytical techniques in the clinical laboratory, Ed. by V.V.Menshikov, Moscow: RAMLD, 1999 (in Russian).
- Pochtar M.E., Lugovskaya S.A., Morozova V.T. Cytochemical diagnostics in laboratory hematology: Methodological manual, Atlas, St.-Petersburg: Triada, 2003 (in Russian).
- Borregaard N., Herlin T. J. Clin. Invest., 1982, 70, No 9: 550–557. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI110647
- Robinson J.M., Karnovsky M. L., Karnovsky M. J. J. Cell. Biol., 1982, 95, No 3: 933–942. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.95.3.933
- Afonso A., Macedo P.M., Ellis A.E., Silva M.T. Dis. Aquat. Organ., 2000, 42, No 2: 101–110. https://doi.org/10.3354/dao042101
- Chou J.Y., Jun H. S., Mansfield B.C. Curr. Opin. Hematol., 2010, 17, No 1: 36–42. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOH.0b013e328331df85
- Jun H. S., Weinstein D.A., Lee Y.M., Mansfield B.C., Chou J.Y. Blood, 2014, 123, No 18: 2843–2853. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2013-05-502435
- Nazarenko G. I., Kiskun A.A. Clinical evaluation of laboratory results, Moscow: Meditsina, 2007 (in Russian).
- Utemov S.V. Low temperature (−80 ºC) preservation of leukocyte concentrates: Synopsis of thesis for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences, St.-Petersburg, 2005 (in Russian).