|1Kendzera, OV |
1S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2016, 1:65-70|
The causal relationships of the Dnieper-Donets paleorift seismicity are analyzed. The existences of geological and geophysical discontinuities, which are considered as criteria for the selection of possible seismic actively zones, are noted. These include the areas of the intersections, seismic-tectonical G1G2 lineament, and the Northern fault border of Dnieper-Donets paleorift. The results of deep seismic soundings conducted near this area show a high probability of the appearance of local earthquakes within it. A possible extraction of shale gas and oil can significantly increase the seismicity of Dnieper-Donets paleorift, growth of the magnitude of earthquakes, and the frequency of their realization. To exactly estimate the seismicity of its territory, it is necessary to create a system of seismic monitoring (5–6 digital stations) in the east and north-east areas of Ukraine.
|Keywords: local earthquake, seismic stations, seismotectonics|
- New Catalogue of strong earthquakes on the territory of the USSR from ancient times up to 1975, Eds. N. V. Kondorskaya, N. V. Shebalin, Moscow: Nauka, 1977 (in Russian).
- Tripolski A. A., Kaljuzhnaja L. T., Tripolski V. A. Geofiz. Zhurn., 2012, 34, No 1: 95–104 (in Russian).
- Tectonic map of Ukraine, 1: 1 000 000, Ch. eds. S. S. Kruglov, D. S. Gursky, Kyiv: UkrNGRI, 2007 (in Russian).
- Sologub V. B. Lithosphere of Ukraine, Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1986 (in Russian).
- Kaljuzhnaja L. T., Kolomiets E. V., Lysynchuk D. V. The velocity model of the crustal structure along the profile of refraction-NHS Sinelnikogvo–Chuguyiv, Theoretical and applied aspects of geoinformatics, Kyiv, 2007: 95–106 (in Russian).
- Nikonov A.A., Belousov T.P., Ekman S.V. Fizika Zemli, 2001, No 5: 30–44 (in Russian).
- Kaljuzhnaja L. T. Dokl. AN USSR. Ser. B, 1978, No 12: 1063–1064 (in Russian).
- Pustovitenko B. G., Kulchytsky V. E., Pustovitenko A. A. Geofiz. Zhurn., 2010, 32, No 2: 75–97 (in Russian).
- Pustovitenko B. G., Safronov O. N., Kulchytsky V. E., Bushmakina G. N. Additional studies of seismic and seismotectonic conditions of the site of Zaporizhzhya NPP. Creating geodynamic proving ground. Regional seismotectonic and seismic studies of the work area, Interim Report. Stage 1, Kyiv, S. I. Subbotin the Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, 2012 (in Russian).