|1Bastun, VN, Podil'chuk, IY |
1S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 11:24-29|
The dependence of the Bauschinger effect measure in circular cylindrical thick-walled autofrettaged pressure vessels with one open end on the intensity of plastic strains under a proportional loading by internal pressure and torsion moment is studied. As an example, the Bauschinger effect measure is determined numerically for different ratios between hoop and tangential stresses. It is shown that the stressed state mode, which is characterized by the ratio of stresses, at small values of the anisotropy coefficient induced by the autofrettage weakly affects the Bauschinger effect measure. It increases with the anisotropy level. With the last being decreased, the Bauschinger effect diminishes.
|Keywords: anisotropy, autofrettage, Bauschinger effect measure, open-end thick-walled pressure vessels|
- Buciumeanu, M., Palaghian, L., Miranda, A. A. & Silva, F. S. (2011). Fatigue life prediction including the Bauschinger effect. Int. J. of Fatigue, 33, No. 2, pp. 145-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2010.07.012
- Ma, Q., Levy, C. & Perl, M. (2012). The impact of the Bauschinger effect on the stress concentrations and stress intensity factors for autofrettaged thick cylindrical pressure vessels. J. Pressure Vessel Technol., 134, No. 2, pp. 142-149. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4005396
- Bastun, V. N. & Podil'chuk, I. Yu. (2016). Modeling the Bauschinger effect in orthotropic materials with isotropic-kinematic hardening under isothermal and nonisothermal loadings. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 7, pp. 39-48 (in Russian).
- Bastun, V. & Podil'chuk, I. (2017). Bauschinger effect prediction in thick-walled autofrettaged cylindrical pressure vessels. J. Pressure Vessel Technol., 139(4), 041404. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4036426
- Parker, A. P. (2001). Autofrettage of open-end tubes — pressure, strains, and code-comparison. J. Pressure Vessel Technol., 123, pp. 271-281. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1359209
- Perl, M., Levy, C. & Rallabhandy, V. (2006). The influence of the Bauschinger effect on 3D stress intensity factors for internal radial cracks in a fully or partially autofrettaged gun barrels. J. Pressure Vessel Technol., 128, pp. 233-239. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2172622
- Ma, Q., Levy, C. & Perl, M. (2010). Stress concentration and stress intensity for pressurized eroded autofrettaged thick cylinders with Bauschinger effect. Proc. of the ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1115/PVP2010-25607
- Bastun, V. N. & Kaminsky, A. A. (2005). Applied problems in the mechanics of strain hardening of structural metallic materials. Int. Appl. Mech., 41, No. 10, pp. 1092-1129. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-006-0017-z
- Il'yushin, A. A. (1963). Plasticity. General mathematical theory. Moscow: Izd. AN SSSR (in Russian).
- Kaminsky, A. A. & Bastun, V. N. (1985). Strain hardening and fracture of metals under variable loadings. Kyiv: Naukova. Dumka (in Russian).