|1Vovk, IV, 1Malyuga, VS |
1Institute of Hydromechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 11:30-36|
The problem of viscous incompressible fluid flow past a circular cylinder and a splitter plate attached to the cylinder backside is studied numerically. First, we consider the transient process of vortex formation and the beginning of vortex shedding. Then we describe the sustained self-excited flow oscillations caused by the periodic vortex shedding behind the body.
|Keywords: finite volume method, flow past cylinder, OpenFOAM, self-excited oscillations, splitter, vortex street|
- Prikhodko, A. A. & Redchits, D. A. (2005) Numerical simulation of unsteady flow in the wake past a cylinder on basis of Navier-Stokes equations. Prikladna Gidromehanika, 7, No. 1, pp. 56-71 (in Russian).
- Vu, H. C., Ahn, J. & Hwang, J. H. (2016) Numerical investigation of flow around circular cylinder with splitter plate. KSCE J. Civ. Eng., 20, pp. 2559-2568. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-015-0209-3
- Vovk, I. V. (2007) Physical view of aeolian tone nature. Akustychny visnyk, 10, No. 2, pp. 22-32 (in Russian).
- Vovk, I. V. & Grinchenko, V. T. (2010). Sound born by a flow. Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Malyuga, V. S. (2010) Numerical investigation of the flow in a duct with two serial stenoses. Solution algorithm. Prikladna Gidromehanika, 12, No. 4, pp. 45-62 (in Russian).
- Vovk, I. V. & Malyuga, V. S. (2010). On a new method of aerodynamic sound evaluation for Aeolian tones. Acustychny Visnyk, 13, No. 2, pp. 3-19 (in Russian).
- Malyuga, V. S. (2011). Numerical calculation of the acoustic field of Aeolian tones. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 9, pp. 56-61 (in Russian).
- Golovinsky, A. L., Malenko, A. L., Sergienko, I. V. & Tulchinsky, V. G. (2013). Energy-efficient supercomputer SCIT-4, Visnyk Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 2, pp. 50-59 (in Ukrainian).