|1Kendzera, OV, Rushchitsky, JJ |
1S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 11:44-51|
A possibility of using two nonlinear phenomenological models from mechanics of materials — Neo-Hookean and Mooney—Rivlin — with the aim to take the effect of strata into account in studying the seismic hazard for building sites is considered. A correspondence of these models and experimental data under a nonlinear deformation of soils is shown. It is proposed to change the existing empirical and semiempirical models of nonlinear deformation of strata by pheno menological ones.
|Keywords: bulk modulus, nonlinear phenomenological models, shear modulus, strata|
- Aki, K. & Richards, P.G. (2009). Quantitative Seismology. 2nd ed. Sausalito, CA: University Science Books.
- Kendzera, O. V. (2015). Seismic Hazard and Seismic Protection in Ukraine. Ukrainian Geogr. J. No. 3, pp. 9-15 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.15407/ugz2015.03.009
- Kokusho, T. (1990). Effect of nonlinear soil properties on seismic amplification in surface layers. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (pp. 913-918), Lisbon.
- Semenova, Yu. V. (2016). A technique of determination of resonance properties of soil complexes in seismic microzoning. (Unpublished candidate thesis). S.I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Vucetic, M. & Dobry, R. (1991). Effect of soil plasticity on cyclic response. J. Geotech. Eng., 117, pp. 89-107. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1991)117:1(89)
- Bell, J. F. (1973). Experimental Foundations of Solid Mechanics. von S. Flügge (Ed.). Handbuch der Physik, Band VIa/I. Berlin: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-69565-0
- Rushchitsky, J. J. (2014). Nonlinear Elastic Waves in Materials. Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00464-8