|1Gordienko, VV, 1Gordienko, LJa. |
1S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 12:52-59|
The propagation of longitudinal seismic waves in the Ukrainian subcrustal mantle is analyzed. It is shown that, to explain the arrival times of seismic waves on the remote seismic stations when a significant portion of their path passes through the upper mantle, it is necessary to take a velocity model with a low velocity zone under the crust of recent activation zones. The anomaly corresponds to the value predicted in accordance with ideas of the advection-polymorphic hypothesis and is caused by rising the temperature of rocks in the upper mantle compared with the temperatures at the Precambrian platform in the same depth interval. A small degree of melting of mantle rocks is possible.
|Keywords: advection-polymorphous hypothesis, heat model, speed model|
- Gordienko, V. V. (2014). Deep processes and seismicity. Geofiz. zhurn. No. 1, pp. 19-42 (in Russian).
- Gordienko, V. V. & Gordienko, L. Ja. (2012). On the propagation velocity of longitudinal seismic waves in the subcrustal mantle of the Carpathian region. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 3, pp. 104-109 (in Russian).
- Gordienko, V. (2016). Deep-seated processes in the tectonosphere of continental rifts. NCGT Journal, 3, pp. 361-388.
- Gordienko, L. & Gordienko, V. (2016). P-wave velocities in the upper mantle beneath oceans. NCGT Journal, 3, pp. 389-405.
- Pavlenkova, G. A. & Pavlenkova, N. I. (2006). Upper mantle structure in Northern Eurasia based on the data of peaceful nuclear explosion. Tectonophysics, 416, p. 33-52. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2005.11.010
- Sollogub, V. B. (1986). Lithosphere of Ukraine. Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Kharitonov, O. M., Krasovsky, S. S., Kuprienko, P. Ya. et al. (1993). Lithospheric transect Vrancea — South-Ukrainian NPP. Geofiz. zhurn., No. 5, pp. 23-31 (in Russian).
- Kharitonov, O. M., Omelchenko, V. D., Drogitskaya, G. M. et al. (1995). Lithospheric Transect Bucharest-Chernobyl. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 5, pp. 84-87 (in Russian).
- Geyko, V. S., Tsvetkova, T. A., Sannikova, N. P., Livanova, L. P. & Geyko, K. V. (1998). Regional 3-D P-velocity structure of the mantle of the north-western Eurasia. Geofiz. zhurn., No. 3, pp. 67-91 (in Russian).
- Geyko, V. S., Tsvetkova, T. A., Livanova, L. P. et al. (1993). R-waves velocities in the upper mantle of the Black sea depression and structures of the Ukraine's south after the earthquake's data. In Geodynamics and deep structure of the seismogenic zones of Ukraine (pp. 31-59). Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Gintov, O. B., Egorova, T. P., Tsvetkova, T. A., Bugaenko, I. V. & Murovskaya, A. V. (2014). Geodynamic Geodynamic features of the junction zone of the Eurasian plate and the Alpine-Himalayan belt within Ukraine and adjacent territories. Geofiz. zhurn., No. 5, pp. 26-63 (in Russian).
- Koulakov, I., Kaban, K. & Tesauro, M. et al. (2009). P- and S-velocity anomalies in the upper mantle be neath Europe from tomographic inversion of ISC data. Geophys. J. Int., 179, pp. 345-366. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2009.04279.x
- Diaz, J., Gil, A. & Gallart J. (2013). Uppermost mantle seismic velocity and anisotropy in the Euro-Me di terranean region from Pn and Sn tomography. Geophys. J. Int., 192, pp. 310-325. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/gji/ggs016
- Bulletin of the International Seismological Centre. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.isc.ac.uk