|1Kuznietsova, HM, Denis, EO, Moskalets, TZ, 1Rybalchenko, VK |
1ESC "Institute of Biology", Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 3:85-91|
The effects of consumption of cold-pressed (43—45 ºC) and hot-pressed (95 ºC) flaxseed and milk thistle oils on the development of acute colitis in rats are investigated. It is shown that cold- and hot-pressed flaxseed and hotpressed milk thistle oils significantly prevent the development of inflammatory, destructive, and degenerative changes in colon mucosa. These oil properties could be realized partially by unsaturated fatty acids, in particular ω3, including minor ones.
|Keywords: acute colitis, flaxseed oil, milk thistle oil|
- Lakatos, P. L. (2006). Recent trends in the epidemiology of inflammatory bowel diseases: up or down. World J. Gastroenterol., 12, No. 38, pp. 6102-6108. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v12.i38.6102
- Feuerstein, J. D. & Cheifetz, A. S. (2014). Ulcerative colitis: epidemiology, diagnosis, and management. Mayo Clin. Proc., 89, No. 11, pp. 1553-1563. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2014.07.002
- Amani, S. A., Reham, M. M. & Gamal, A. S. (2013). Natural products in treatment of ulcerative colitis and peptic ulcer. J. Saudi Chem. Soc., 17, pp. 101-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2012.03.002
- Calder, P. C. (2010). Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Inflammatory Processes. Nutrients, 2, pp. 355-374. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu2030355
- Verma, N. & Paul, J. (2014). Silibinin ameliorates Dextran Sodium Salt induced colitis in mice and prevents overexpression of inflammatory genes in lipopolysaccharide activated human macrophages. Inflammation and cell signaling, 1, e117.
- Kurambaev, S. R., Achilova, S. S., Baizhanov, N. I., Karimova, D. Z., & Sobirova, R. N. (2016). Obtaining melon oil from "Khorezm Bishak" melon seeds using the method of cold pressing. Molodoi uchenyi, 112, No. 8, pp. 253-254 (in Russian).
- Fitzpatrick, L. K., Bostwik, J. S. & Renzetti, M. (1990). Antiinflammatory effects of various drugs on acetic acid induced colitis in the rat. Agents Actions, 30, pp. P393-P403. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01966304
- Sehirli, A., Tatlydede, E., Yuksel, M., Erzik, C., Cetinel, S., Yegen, B. C. & Sener, G. (2009). Effects of Alpha-Lipoic Acid Against Oxidative Injuri in TNBS-induced Colitis. Erciyes Med. J., 31, No. 1, pp. 15-26.
- Appleyard, C. & Wallace, J. (1995). Reactivation of hapten-induced colitis and its prevention by anti-inflammatory drugs. Am. J. Physiol., 269, pp. G119-G125.
- Benoit, B., Bruno, J., Kayal, F., Estienne, M., Debard, C., Ducroc, R. & Plaisancie, P. (2015). Saturated and Unsaturated Fatty Acids Differently Modulate Colonic Goblet Cell In Vitro and in Rat Pups. J. Nutr., 145, pp. 1754-1762. https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.115.211441
- Chen, S. J., Chuang, L. T. & Chen, S. N. (2015). Incorporation of eicosatrienoic acid exert mild anti-inflammatory properties in murine RAW264.7 cells. Inflammation., 38, No. 2, pp. 534-545. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10753-014-9960-8