|1Bahno, OM |
1S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 4:19-27|
The problem on propagation of quasi-Lamb waves in the elastic layer that interacts with the half-space of a viscous compressible fluid is considered. The dispersion curves are constructed, and the propagation of quasi-Lamb waves over a wide range of frequencies is studied, by using the three-dimensional linearized Navier – Stokes equations for a viscous fluid and linear equations of the classical elasticity theory for an elastic layer. The influence of a viscous compressible fluid and of the thickness of the elastic layer on the phase velocities and attenuation coefficients of the quasi-Lamb waves is analyzed. The approach developed and the results obtained make it possible to establish limits for the wave processes, within which the model of an ideal compressible fluid can be applied. The numerical results are presented in the form of graphs, and their analysis is given.
|Keywords: dispersion of waves, elastic layer, half-space of a viscous compressible fluid, quasi-Lamb modes|
- Guz, A. N. (1980) Aerohydroelasticity problems for bodies with initial stresses. Int. Appl. Mech., 16, No 3, pp. 175-190.
- Guz, A. N. (1986) Elastic waves in bodies with initial stresses. In 2 vol., Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Guz, A. N. (2004) Elastic waves in bodies with initial (residual) stresses, Kiev: A.C.K. (in Russian).
- Guz, A. N. (1998) Dynamics of compressible viscous fluid, Kiev: A.C.K. (in Russian).
- Guz, A. N. (2009) Dynamics of compressible viscous fluid, Cambridge: Cambridge Scientific Publishers.
- Guz, A. N., Zhuk, A. P., Bagno, A. M. (2016) Dynamics of elastic bodies, solid particles, and fluid parcels in a compressible viscous fluid (review). Int. Appl. Mech., 52, No 5, pp. 449-507.
- Ottenio, M., Destrade, M., Ogden, R.W. (2007) Acoustic waves at the interface of a pre-stressed incompressible elastic solid and a viscous fluid. Int. J. of Non-Linear Mech, 42, No 2, pp. 310-320.
- Viktorov, I. A. (1981) Sound surface waves in solids, Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
- Volkenstein, M. M., & Levin V. M. (1988) Structure of Stoneley wave on the boundary of a viscous liquid and a solid. Acoustic J., 34, No 4, pp. 608-615 (in Russian).