|1Shchodryi, VB, 2Kachkovskyi, OD, 3Slominskyi, Yu.L, 4Shaudyk, Ye.O, 1Tkachuk, Ze.Yu. |
1Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
3 Institute of Organic Chemistry of the NAS of Ukraine, Kнiv
4Institute of Physics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kнiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 7:85-90|
We have studied the interaction of ribonucleosides (RN) with mannitol using a fluorescent probe. It is established that, during of the test dye titration with increasing concentrations of solutions of RN and the complex of RN with mannitol (RNM), a decrease of the intensity of fluorescence of a dye solution is observed. The drop of the fluorescence intensity of the RNM complex is less in comparison to the solution of RN. A difference in spectral characteristics of RN and the complex of RNM with a test dye is shown. These results may indicate the interaction of mannitol with nitrogenous base. Interaction between mannitol and nucleoside occurs probably with the formation of hydrogen bonds between two parallel O–H groups of mannitol and generating centers of hydrogen bonds in the heterocycles of nucleosides.
|Keywords: fluorescent probe, mannitol, nucleosides|
- Sullenger, B. A. & Gilboa, E. (2002). Emerging clinical applications of RNA. Nature, 418, pp. 252-258. https://doi.org/10.1038/418252a
- Burnett, J. C. & Rossi, J. J. (2012). RNA-Based therapeutics: current progress and future prospects. Chemistry & Biology, 19, pp. 60-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chembiol.2011.12.008
- Multiantivirus compound, composition and method for treatment of virus disease, Pat.US 8722642 B2, Publ. 13.05.2014.
- Vivcharyk, M. M., Ilchenko, O. O., Levchenko, S. M. & Tkachuk, Z. Yu. (2016). Complexation of RNA with mannitol its spectral characteristics and biological activity. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 10, pp. 78-83 (in Ukrainian). doi: htpps://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2016.10.078
- Ye, P. & Byron, T. (2008). Characterization of D-Mannitol byThermal Analysis, FTIR, and Raman Spectroscopy. Am. Lab., 40, pp. 24-27.