|Opeida, IA, 1Gladyshevskii, RE, Grynda, YM, Starchevskyy, VL, Kusch, OV, Kompanets, MO, Hrynchuk, YM |
1Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 8:80-85|
The action of metallic microparticles Co and Mn (CoMP and MnMP) in the process of radical-chain oxidation of cumene initiated with azobisisobutyronitrile by molecular oxygen in a solution of acetonitrile is investigated. A growth of the reaction rate in the case of adding the catalyst mixture of N-hydroxyphthalimide and MeMP is found. It is shown that the catalytic effect of CoMP and MnMP may be explained by their participation in the initiation stage of oxidation.
|Keywords: Co and Mn microparticles, molecular oxygen, N-hydroxyphthalimide, radical chain oxidation catalysis|
- Suresh, A. K., Sharma, M. M. & Sridhar, T. (2000). Engineering aspects of industrial liquid-phase air oxidation of hydrocarbons. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 39, No. 11, pp. 3958-3997. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie0002733
- Bregeault, J.-M. (2003). Transition-metal complexes for liquid-phase catalytic oxidation: some aspects of industrial reactions and of emerging technologies. Dalton Trans., 17, pp. 3289-3302. https://doi.org/10.1039/B303073N
- Ishii, Y., Nakayama, K., Takeno, M., Sakaguchi, S., Iwahama, T. & Nishiyama, Y. (1995). Novel catalysis by N-hydroxyphthalimide in the oxidation of organic substrates by molecular oxygen. J. Org. Chem., 60, No. 13, pp. 3934-3935. https://doi.org/10.1021/jo00118a002
- Melone, L. & Punta, C. Metal-free aerobic oxidations mediated by N-hydroxyphthalimide. (2013). A concise review. Beilstein J. Org. Chem., 9, No. 1, pp. 1296-1310. https://doi.org/10.3762/bjoc.9.146
- Opeida, I. O. (2015). Innovative organocatalysis — perspective trend in reactions of liquid phase oxidation reactions with molecular oxygen. Nauka innov., 11, No 6, pp. 68-74 (in Ukrainian ). https://doi.org/10.15407/scin11.06.068
- Kasperczyk, K., Orlinska, B. & Zawadiak, J. (2014). Aerobic oxidation of cumene catalysed by 4-alkylo xycarbonyl-N-hydroxyphthalimide. Cent. Eur. J. Chem., 2014, 12, No. 11, pp. 1176-1182. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/s11532-014-0565-8
- Opeida, I. A., Plekhov, A. L., Kushch, O. V. & Matvienko, A. G. (2011). Complexes of N-hydroxyphthalimide and cobalt(II) acetate in reactions of alkylarene oxidation by molecular oxygen. Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 85, No. 7, pp. 1119-123. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0036024411070247
- Deutschmann, O., Knözinger, H., Kochloefl, K. & Turek, T. (2009). Heterogeneous catalysis and solid catalysts. Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1002/14356007.a05_313.pub2
- Ma, Z. & Zaera, F. (2014). Heterogeneous catalysis by metals. Encyclopedia of Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119951438.eibc0079.pub2
- Tsepalov, V. F. (1964). Automatic installation for measuring the absorption of small quantities of gas. Zavodskaya laboratoriya, No. 1, pp. 111-112 (in Russian).
- Opeida, I. A., Kompanets, M. A., Kushch, O. V. & Yastrebova, E. G. (2009). The role of N-hydroxyphthalimide in the oxidation reactions of alkylarenes with molecular oxygen. Petroleum Chemistry, 49, No 5, pp. 389. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0965544109050090
- Opeida, I. O., Litvinov, Y. E., Kushch, O. V., Kompanets, M. O. & Shendrik, O. M. (2013). Kinetic studies of acenaphthene oxidation catalyzed by N-hydroxyphthalimide. Int. J. Chem. Kinet., 45, No. 8, pp. 515—524. https://doi.org/10.1002/kin.20790
- Kucher, R. V. & Opeida, I. A. (1989). Cooxidation of organic substances in liquid phase, Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).