|1Boychenko, SG, 1Voloshchuk, VM, 1Serdiuchenko, NN |
1S.I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 9:67-75|
The paper analyzes the features of the space-time variations of Gorczynski and Johanson—Ringleb continentality indices and the amplitude of a seasonal course of the surface air temperature in Ukraine under the conditions of modern global warming. It is found that, against the background of a general decrease in the continentality indices and the amplitude of seasonal temperature variations on the territory of Ukraine during the period 1900—2015, there is a rapid increase in their values in the last 45 years, which is associated with an increase in the frequency of anomally high temperatures in summer. It is suggested that, in accordance with the earlier hypothesis proposed by us, this is the result of a shift of the northern periphery of the belt of subtropical anticyclones, including the territory of Ukraine.
|Keywords: amplitude of the seasonal course, climate change, climate of Ukraine, index of continentality, temperature|
- Climate change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate. UNEP/WMO. Retrieved from http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/
- Voloshchuk, V. M. & Boychenko, S. G. (2003) Scenarios of possible changes of climate of Ukraine in 21 century (under influence of global anthropogenic warming). In The Climate of Ukraine (pp. 308-331). Kiev: Vyd-vo Raievskoho (in Ukrainian).
- John, E. O. (Ed.) (2005). Encyclopedia of World Climatology. Berlin etc.: Springer.
- Khromov, S. P. (1974). Meteorological dictionary. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 568 p. (in Russian).
- Ciaranek, D. (2014). Variability of the thermal continentality index in central Europe. Aerul şi Apa: Componente ale Mediului, 2014, pp. 307-313.
- Mikolaškova, K. (2009). A regression evaluation of thermal continentality. — Geografie Sbornik ČGS, 114, No. 4, pp. 350-362.
- Vilček, J., Škvarenina, Ja., Vido, Ja., Nalevanková, P., Kandrík, R. & Škvareninová, J. (2016). Minimal change of thermal continentality in Slovakia within the period 1961–2013. Earth Syst. Dynam., 7, pp. 735-744. https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-7-735-2016
- Przybylak, R., Majorowicz, J., Brázdil, R. & Kejan, M. (Eds). (2010). The Polish Climate in the European Context: An Historical Overview. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York.: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3167-9
- Buksha, I. F. (2009). Assessment of Ukrainian Forests Vulnerability to Climate Change. In Regional Aspects of Interactions in Non–boreal Eastern Europe. (pp. 143-156). Berlin etc.: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2283-7_16
- Boychenko, S., Voloshchuk, V., Movchan, Ya., Serdjuchenko, N., Tkachenko, V., Tyshchenko, O. & Savchenko, S. (2016). Features of climate change on Ukraine: scenarios, consequences for nature and agroecosystems. Proceedings of the National Aviation University, No. 4, pp. 96-113. https://doi.org/10.18372/2306-1472.69.11061
- Boychenko, S. H., Voloshchuk, V. M. & Doroshenko, I. A. (2000). Features of formation of microclimatic condition of open landscapes of the Ukraine. In Problems landscape diversity of Ukraine: Scientific Papers (pp. 243-247). Kyiv, (in Ukrainian).
- Boychenko, S. H. & Serdjuchenko, N. N. (2005). Estimation of dependence of parameters of regional climatic fields from height of district above sea level. Geophys. J., No 5, pp. 858-867 (in Russian).
- Lipinskyy, V. M., Dyachuk, V. A. & Babichenko V. M. (Eds.). (2003). The Climate of Ukraine. Kyiv: Vyd-vo Raievskoho (in Ukraine).
- Boychenko, S. G. (2008). Semi-empirical models and scenarios of global and regional changes of climate. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Ukrainian).
- Boychenko, S. G., Voloshchuk, V. M. & Serdjuchenko, N. N. (2006). Parametrization of the displacement of the subtropical minimum of atmospheric precipitation in the Northern Hemisphere under global warming. Dopov. Nac. akad nauk Ukr., No. 9, pp. 130-135 (in Russian).