|1Chekman, IS, 2Kazakova, OO, 1Dovgan, RS, Nagorna, AA, Belenichev, IF, Gorchakova, NA, Bukhtiyarova, NV, 3Syrovaya, GO, 1Zahorodnyi, MI |
1O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
2O. O. Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
3Kharkiv National Medical University
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 1:86-91|
The density functional theory and the IEF PCM solvation model are used to investigate the electronic and energy properties of an elgacin molecule. A quite significant positive charge on protons of hydroxyl groups determines its pronounced antioxidant activity. The negative value of the lowest unoccupied molecular orbital energy determines the electrophilic properties of the molecule. The variety of functional groups evidences about a possibility of its interaction with polar and nonpolar structures of biomembranes.
|Keywords: antioxidant activity, elgacin, functional groups, quantum-chemical parameters|
- Saharova, T. S., Nikitchenko, Yu. V. & Dzyuba, V. M. (2002). Experimental study of the antiradical activity of ellagic acid in comparison with bioflavonoid preparations. Medical Chemistry, 4, No. 2, pp. 56-58 (in Ukrainian).
- Yakovleva, L. V., Ivahnenko, O. K. & Saharova, T. S. (2004). The search for new promising objects of pharmacological research among ellagic tannins of the alder. Clinical Pharmacy, 8, No. 3, pp. 41-44 (in Ukrainian).
- Kohn, W. & Sham, L. J. (1965). Self-consistent equations including exchange and correlation effects. Phys. Rev., 140, No. 4, pp. 1133-1145. doi: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.140.A1133
- Becke, A. D. (1993). Density-functional thermochemistry. III. The role of exact exchange. J. Chem. Phys., 98, No. 18, pp. 5648-5661. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.464913
- Tomasi, J., Mennucci, B. & Cammi, R. (2005). Quantum mechanical continuum solvation models. Chem. Rev., 105, No. 8, pp. 2999-3093. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/cr9904009
- Schmidt, M. W., Baldridge, K. K., Boatz, J. A., Elbert, S. T., Gordon, M. S., Jensen, J. J., Koseki S., Matsunaga, N., Nguyen, K. A., Su, S., Windus, T. L., Dupuis, M. & Montgomery, J. A. (1993). General atomic and molecular electronic structure system. J. Comput. Chem., 14, No. 11, pp. 1347-1355. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jcc.540141112
- Kazakova, O. A. (2011). Interaction of bioactive molecules with highly dispersed silica surface in aqueous medium: quantum chemical investigation. Surface, Iss. 3, pp. 13-21 (in Russian).
- Cheeseright, T., Mackey, M., Rose, S. & Vinter, A. (2006). Molecular field extrema as descriptors of biological activity: definition and validation. J. Chem. Inf. Model., 46, No. 2, pp. 665-676. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/ci050357s