|Romanciuc, IF, Sakhatsky, AI, 1Apostolov, AA |
1Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth Institute of Geological Science of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 1:60-66|
The study of humidity was performed on fields of the Baryshivs'kyi district of the Kiev region. In this area, we observed the spreading of a specific type of soil degradation: the microdepression of a relief. Investigations are based on the usage of the multispectral satellite Sentinel-2 imageries. The data obtained during the field research were compared with the satellite imageries. It is proposed to apply the NWI, which has shown the correlation with the percentage of soil humidity obtained in the field research work. Based on the field research and satellite data, the mapping of sites with moistened soils is carried out. The data analysis has demonstrated the presence of waterlogged soil on the bottom area of microdepressions of the relief, where the changes of the soil type and the vegetation are observed.
|Keywords: microdepression, Normalized Water Index (NWI), satellite Sentinel-2, soil humidity|
- Bublyas, V. & Bublyas, M. (2013). Processes and phenomena in the microgeodynamic zones of the mantle and flat terrains. Visnyk Kyiv. nats. un-tu imeni Tarasa Shevchenko. Heolohiia, No. 1, pp. 42-46 (in Ukrainian).
- Starodubtsev, V. M., Yatsenko, S. V., Pavliul, S. D. & Illienko, V. V. (2009). Influence of the water regime of the forest-steppe micro depression on the heterogeneity of the ground cover and its use. Proceedings of the Second All-Ukrainian Congress of Ecologists. (pp. 176-179). Vinnitsa: FOP Danyliuk (in Ukrainian).
- Bublyas, V. N. (1993). Regularities in the development of morphosculptures depression (steppe saucers) of the middle part of Dnieper river basin (Unpublished candidate thesis). Institute of Geological Sciences of the NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine (in Russian).
- Sakhatsky, O. I. (2009). Methodology of multispectral space imagery materials usage for solving of hydrogeological problems (Unpublished Doctor thesis). Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth IGS of the NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Tsytovich, I. K. (1974). Chemistry with agricultural analysis. Moscow: Kolos (in Russian).