|1Polyakov, VL |
1Institute of Hydromechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 11:32-39|
A mathematical task of the suspension purification on rapid filters with a storage device at the uncontrolled rate and a linear relation between the rate and mass exchange coefficients is formulated. An effective analytical numerical solution to the task is obtained to predict changes in filtration characteristics with regard for the hydraulic resistance of filter facilities, to substantiate rational technological parameters and, first of all, the filter cycle duration. The solution was illustrated by calculating the suspended substance concentration in a filtrate, filtration rate, and technological times.
|Keywords: filter, filtration, suspension, technology, uncontrolled rate|
- Mints, D. M. (1964). Theoretical fundamentals of purification technology. Moscow: Stroyizdat (in Russian).
- Jegftheesan, V. & Vigneswaran, S. (2005). Deep bed filtration: mathematical models and observations. Crit. Rev. Envirom. Sci. Technol., 35(6), pp. 515-569. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10643380500326432
- Grabovsky, P. A. (2016). Water filtration through grain layer at declining rate. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 8, pp. 40-45 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2016.08.040
- Polyakov, V. L. (2012). Suspension filtration at declining rate and mass-exchange linear kinetics. Water Chemistry and Technology, 34, No. 2, pp. 107-130 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.3103/S1063455X12020014
- Akgiray, O. & Saatci, A. M. (1998). An algorithm for bank operation of declining rate filters. Water Res., 32, No. 7, pp. 2095-2105. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00459-4
- Chaundry, F. H. (1987). Theory of declining rate filtration. I. Continuous operation. J. Environ. Eng. Din. ASCE, 113(4), pp. 834-851. doi: https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1987)113:4(834)
- Cleasby, J. L. (1993). Status of declining rate filtration design. Water Sci. Technol., 27(10), pp. 151-164. doi: https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.1993.0224
- Seniavin, M. M., Venitsianov, E. V. & Ayukaev, R. I. (1977). On mathematical models and engineering methods of calculating the process of natural water purification by filtratin. Water Resources, No. 2, pp. 157-170 (in Russian).
- Rajagopalan, R. & Tien, C. (1976). Trajectory analysis of deep-bed filtration with the sphere-in-a-cell porous media model. AIChE J., 2(3), pp. 523-533. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690220316
- Polyakov, V. L. (2010). Susnension purification at declining rate. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 5, pp. 57-63 (in Russian).
- Kravchuk, A. A. (2017). Experimental investigation of head loss during rapid depth filter operation at varying filtration rate. Mining, engineering, road and melioration machines, Iss. 89, pp. 55-62 (in Ukrainian).
- Tobiason, J. E. & Vigneswaran, B. (1994). Evaluation of a modified molel for deep-bed filtration.Water Res., 28, pp. 335-342. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(94)90271-2
- Polyakov, V. L. (2009). Theoretical analysis of filtration cycle duration. Water Chemistry and Technology, 31, No. 6, pp. 605-618 (in Russian).