|1Kosakivska, IV |
1M. G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 12:79-86|
High-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS) identified a complex of phytohormones and determined the character of the accumulation and distribution of gibberellic (GK3), indole-3-acetic (IAA), and abscisic (ABA) acids in the organs of Dryopteris filix-mas at different phases of the sporophyte development. In the period of intensive growth of sporophyte and at the initial stages of spore development, free forms of ABA and GK3 and conjugated IAA dominated in fronds, and conjugated IAA and GK3 and free ABA dominated in the rhizome. At the time of the full maturation of spores, the character of accumulation and distribution of phytohormones changed — in fronds and the rhizome, free IAA and ABA and conjugated GK3 are accumulated. At the end of the vegetation, conjugated IAA and GK3 prevailed in the rhizome and fronds, while the free ABA was localized in fronds, and conjugated ABA in the rhizome. The increase in the amount of free ABA in fronds after the first frosts indicates the participation of the hormone in the formation of protective reactions. The patterns of quantitative and qualitative changes indicate similarities in the functions of key clas ses of phytohormones of fern D. filix-mas and higher flowering plants and the directivity of their physiological effects on the regulation of the processes of differentiation and morphogenesis.
|Keywords: abscisic acid, Dryopteris filix-mas (L.) Schott, gibberellic acid, indole-3-acetic acid, ontogenesis|
- Gantait, S., Sinniah, U. R., Ali, M. N & Sahu, N. C. (2015). Gibberellins — a multifaceted hormone in plant growth regulatory network. Curr. Protein Pept. Sci., 16, No. 5, pp. 406-412. doi: https://doi.org/10.2174/1389203716666150330125439
- Vasyuk, V. A. & Kosakovskaya, I. V. (2015). Gibberellins in ferns: participation in the regulation of physiological processes. Ukr bot. zhurn., 72, No. 1. pp. 65-73 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj72.01.065
- Voitenko, L. V. & Kosakovskaya, I. V. (2017). Abscisic acid in the organs of the sporophytes of higher vascular spore plants. Advances in Biology & Earth Sciences, 2, No.3, pp. 271-283 (in Russian).
- Kosakivska, I. V., Babenko, L. M., Shcherbatiuk, M. M., Vedenicheva, N. P., Voytenko, L. V. & Vasyuk, V. A. (2016). Phytohormones during growth and development of Polypodiophyta. Advances in Biology & Earth Sciences, 1, pp. 26-44.
- Voytenko, L. V. & Kosakivska, I. V. (2017). Peculiarities of the accumulation and distribution of indolyl-3-acetic and abscisic acids in the organs of sporophyte of wild fern of Ukraine Polystichum aculeatum (L.) Roth at different phenological stages of development. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 12, pp. 112-118 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2017.12.112
- Vasyuk, V. A., Lychnivsky, R. V. & Kosakivska, I. V. (2016). Gibberelliform-like substances in the ontogenesis of water fern Salvinia natans (Salviniaceae). Ukr bot. zhurn., 73, No. 5, pp. 503-509 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj73.05.503
- Gray, W. M. (2004.). Hormonal regulation of plant growth and development. PLoS Biol., 2, No. 9, pp. 1270-1273. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.0020311
- Peleg, Z. & Blumwald, E. (2011). Hormone balance and abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants. Curr. Opin. Plant Biol., 14, pp. 290-295. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbi.2011.02.001
- Shuai, H., Meng, Y., Luo, X., Chen, F., Zhou, W., Qi, Y. Y., Du, J., Yang, F., Liu, J., Yang, W. & Shu, K. (2017). Exogenous auxin represses soybean seed germination through decreasing the gibberellin/abscisic acid (GA/ABA) ratio. Sci. Rep., 7, 12620. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-13093-w
- Yanmei, W., Lijun, W., Bing, Y., Zhen, L. & Fei, L. (2018). Changes in ABA, IAA, GA3, and ZR levels du ring seed dormancy release in Idesia polycarpa Maxim from Jiyuan. Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 27, No. 4, pp. 1833-1839. doi: https://doi.org/10.15244/pjoes/78041
- Zhengxiu, Z. & Shaojum, D. (2010). Effect of environmental factors on fern spore germination. Acta Ecol. Sin., 30, No. 7, pp. 1882-1893.
- Vasyuk, V. A, Voytenko, L. V. & Kosakovskaya, I. V. (2017). Phytohormones in the regulation of the vege tative and reproductive phases of the development of sporophytes of higher vascular spore plants. Visnyk Kharkiv. nats. ahr. univ. Ser. Biology, Iss. 1, pp. 88-99 (in Ukrainian).
- Voytenko, L. V., Lychnivsky, R. V. & Kosakovskaya, I. V. (2016). Features of accumulation and localization of indolyl-3-acetic acid in organs of sporophytic Salvinia natans (L.) All. at different phenological phases of development. Studia Biologica, 10, No. 3-4, pp. 91-106 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.30970/sbi.1003.492
- Simm, S., Scharf, K.-D., Jegadeesan, S., Chiusano, M.L., Firon, N. & Schleiff, E. (2016). Survey of genes involved in biosynthesis, transport, and signaling of phytohormones with focus on Solanum lycopersicum. Bioinform. Biol. Insights., 26, No. 10, pp. 185-207. doi: https://doi.org/10.4137/BBI.S38425
- Sytnik, K. M., Musatenko, L. I., Vasyuk, V. A., Vedenicheva, N. P., Generalova, V. M., Martin, G. G. & Nestorova, A. N. (2003). Hormonal complex of plants and fungi. Kiev: Akademperiodyka (in Ukrainian).