|1Polyakov, VL |
1Institute of Hydromechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 12:37-45|
A nonlinear task of Fe2+ transfer and transformation (adsorption and oxidation) within the porous layer of a rapid filter is posed and solved exactly. The dependences for Fe2+ concentrations which are given in the implicit parametric form are illustrated by examples of calculating the changes in time and height of its dissolved form content. An approximate solution to the task was obtained in the explicit form using the iteration procedure to study the dynamics of Fe3+ and total Fe in future. The last solution exhibited in the calculations of filtration characteristics has an error under 1 %.
|Keywords: adsorption, concentration, divalent iron, filter, iterative procedure, oxidation, solution|
- Goncharuk, V. V. & Yakimova, T. I. (1996). Use of non-standard underground water in potable water supply. Chemistry and Water Technology, 18, No. 5, pp. 495-532 (in Russian).
- Orlov, V. O. (2008). Iron removal from underground water by simplified aeration and filtration. Rivne: KNUBA (in Ukrainian).
- Tugay, A. M., Oliynuk, O. Ya. & Tugay, Ya. A. (2004). Productivity of water intake well under clogging conditions. Kharkiv: KHAMG (in Ukrainian).
- Azizian, S., Haerifar, M. & Bashiri, H. (2009). Adsorption of methyl violet onto granular activated carbon, equilibrium, kinetics and modeling. Chem. Eng. J., 146, pp. 36-41. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2008.05.024
- Chiron, N., Guilet, R. & Deydier, E. (2003). Adsorption of Cu(II) and Pb(II) onto a grafted silica: isotherms and kinetic models. Water Res., 37, pp. 3079-3086. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(03)00156-8
- Nagaoka, H., & Imae, T. (2003). Analytical investigation of two-step adsorption kinetics on surfaces. Colloid and Interface Sci., 264, pp. 336-342. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9797(03)00314-X
- Rakic, V., Damjanovic, L., Rac, V., Stasic, D., Dondur, V. & Auroux, A. (2010). The adsorption of nicotine from aqueous solutions on different zeolite structures. Water Res., 44, pp. 2047-2057. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2009.12.019
- Rentz, J. A., Turner, I. P. & Ullman, J. L. (2009). Removal of phosphorus from solution using biogenic iron oxides. Water Res., 43, pp. 2029-2035. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2009.02.021
- Kiselev, S. K. & Oleynik, A. Ya. (1998). Modeling iron removal from water by filtration under changes in filtration properties. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 7, pp. 183-187 (in Russian).
- Oleynik, A. Ya. & Sadchikov, O. O. (2013). Theoretical investigations of iron removal at two-layer filters. Problems of Water Supply, sewerage and Hydraulics, 21, pp. 14-22 (in Ukrainian).
- Polyakov, V. L. (2014). Calculation of contact iron removal from underground water. Water Purification, Treatment, Supply, No. 10(82), pp. 30-35 (in Russian).
- Kuhnen, F., Barmettler, K., Bhattacharjee, S., Elimelech, M. & Kretzschamar, R. J. (2000). Transport of iron oxide colloids in packed quartz sand media: monolayer and multilayer deposition. Colloid Interface Sci., 231, pp. 32-41. doi: https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.2000.7097
- Ralph, D. E. & Stevenson, J. M. (1995). The role of bacteria in well clogging. Water Res., 29, pp. 365-369. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(94)E0077-J