|1Naumko, IM, 2Artemenko, GV, 3Bakhmutov, VG, 4Vovk, OP, 1Telepko, LF, 1Sakhno, BE |
1Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals of the NAS of Ukraine, Lviv
2 M.P. Semenenko Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Ore-Formation of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
3S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
4Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University, Lutsk
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 4:74-80|
It is established that the growth of quartz in veins in granodiorites of the Andean intrusive complex (the Barchans Islands, West Antarctic) happened in rock crystal-bearing veins of steep falling, in which the temperature difference necessary for the dissolution of massive quartz and crystallization of its transparent variety in the shape of perfectly cut crystals in central parts of secant veins was reached. The discovered enrichment of the fluid medium of the quartz crystallization with CO2, NaCl, and KCl indicates a carbonate-haloid composition of quartz-forming fluids, which favoured the formation of jewelry and technologically perfect crystals, possibly having piezoelectric properties similar to crystals of quartz both from rock-crystal-bearing veins of the Near-polar Ural and those synthesized under laboratory conditions. As a conclusion, the connection of quartz-forming fluids and the postmagmatic processes in a granodiorite intrusion is justified, and the view of investigated quartz veins as formations of post-tectonic hydrothermal stage is confirmed and expanded.
|Keywords: crystal morphology, fluid inclusions, granodiorites, quartz, secant veins, the Barchans Islands, volatile components, West Antarctic|
- Grikurov, G. E. (1973). The geology of the Antarctic Peninsula. Ìoscow: Nauka (in Russian).
- Leat, P. T., Scarrow, J. H. & Millar, I. L. (1995). On the Antarctic Peninsula batholith. Geol. Mag., 132. Iss. 4, pp. 399-412. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0016756800021464
- Bakhmutov, V. G. (1998). Geological review of Argentine islands àrchipelago and adjoining territory of the Antarctic Peninsula. Bull. UATs, Vyp. 2, pp. 77-84 (in Russian).
- Bakhmutov, V. G., Gladkochub, D. P. & Shpyra, V. V. (2013). Age position, geodynamic specific and paleomagnetism of intrusive complexes of the western sea coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. Geophys. J., 35, No. 3, pp. 330 (in Russian).
- Pankhurst, R. J., Riley, T. R., Fanning, C. M. & Kelley, S. P. (2000). Episodic silicik volcanism in Patagonia and the Antarctic Peninsula: Chronology of magmatism associated with the breakup of Gondwana. J. Petrol., 41, Iss. 5, pp. 605-625. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/petrology/41.5.605
- Elliot, D. H. (1964). The petrology of the Argentine islands. British Antarctic surv. Sci. reports, No. 41, pp. 131.
- Artemenko, G. V., Bakhmutov, V. G., Samborskaia, I. A. & Kanunikova, L. I. (2011). Manifestations of the ore mineralization in the intrusive complex of the àrchipelago Argentine islands, West Antarctica. Mineral. J. (Ukraine), 33, No. 3, pp. 90-99 (in Russian).
- Vovk, O. P. (2016). Crystal morphology of topaz and beryl of chamber pegmatites of Korosten' pluton (northwestern part of the Ukrainian Shield). (Extended abstract of candidate thesis). M.P. Semenenko Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Ore Formation of the NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Kalyuzhnyi, V. A. (1982). Principles of knowledge on mineralforming fluids. Kiev: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
- Shaphranovskiy, I. I. (1974). Essays over the mineralogical crystallography. Leningrad: Nedra (in Russian).
- Naumko, I., Zinchuk, I., Kalyuzhnyi, V. & Red'ko, L. (2005). Multiphase fluid inclusions with captive minerals: formation, preservation, interpretation and application with the purpose of forecasting and prospective estimating. In Mineralogical Museum (pp. 223-224). SaintPetersburg: Department of Mineralogy SPbSU (in Russian).
- Naumko, I. M. (2006). Fluid regime of mineral genesis of the rockore complexes of Ukraine (based on inclusions in minerals of typical parageneses). (Extended abstract of Doctor thesis). Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals of the NAS of Ukraine, Lviv, Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Takenouchi, S. & Kennedy, G. C. (1965). The solubility of carbon dioxide in NaCl solutions at high temperatures and pressures. Amer. J. Sci., 263. No. 5, pp. 445-454. doi: https://doi.org/10.2475/ajs.263.5.445
- Balitskiy, V. S. (1978). Experimentic investigation of processes of the cutglass formation. Moscow: Nedra (in Russian).
- Balitskiy, V. S. & Lisitsyna, Ie. Ie. (1981). Synthetic analogues and immitations of nature gem stones. Moscow: Nedra (in Russian).