|1Zhdanyuk, NV, 2Kovalchuk, IA, 1Kornilovych, BYu. |
1NTU of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute"
2Institute for Sorption and Problems of Endoecology of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 4:88-93|
We have studied physico-chemical features of the sorption of U (VI) ions by composites based on montmorillonite and organomontmorillonite modified by nanosized iron. The electron microscopic study of the obtained materials is performed. The possibility of their use in the purification of groundwater with the use of modern environmental technologies is shown.
|Keywords: montmorillonite, nZVI, organomontmorillonite, sorption, uranium(VI)|
- Fu, F., Dionysiou, D. & Liu, H. (2014). The use of zerovalent iron for groundwater remediation and wastewater treatment: a review. J. Hazard. Mater., 267, pp. 194-205. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.12.062
- TrujilloReyes, J., PeraltaVidea, J. R. & GardeaTorresdey, J. L. (2014). Supported and unsupported nanomaterials for water and soil remediation: Are they a useful solution for worldwide pollution? J. Hazard. Mater., 280, pp. 487-503. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.08.029
- Üzüm, Ç., Shahwan, T., Eroğlu, A. E., Hallam, K. R., Scott, T.B. & Lieberwirth, I. (2008). Synthesis and characterization of kaolinitesupported zerovalent iron nanoparticles and their application for the removal of aqueous Cu2+ and Co2+ ions. Appl. Clay Sci., No 43, pp. 172-181. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2008.07.030
- Shahwan, T., Üzüm, Ç., Eroğlu, A. E. & Lieberwirth, I. (2010). Synthesis and characterization of bentonite/iron nanoparticles and their application as adsorbent of cobalt ions. Appl. Clay Sci., 47, pp. 257-262. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2009.10.019
- Li, S., Wu, P., Li, H., Zhu, N., Li, P., Wu, J., Wang, X. & Dang, Z. (2010). Synthesis and characterization of organomontmorillonite supported iron nanoparticles. Appl. Clay Sci., 50, pp. 330-336. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2010.08.021
- Pang, Z., Yan, M., Jia, X., Wang, Z. & Chen, J. (2014). Debromination of decabromodiphenyl ether by organomontmorillonitesupported nanoscale zerovalent iron: Preparation, characterization and influence factors. J. Environ. Sci., 26, pp. 483-491. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S10010742(13)604192
- Kornilovych, B. Yu., Sorokin, O. H., Pavlenko, V. M. & Koshyk, Yu. I. (2011). Natureprotection technolo gies in uranium mining and processing industries. Kiev (in Ukrainian).
- Kovalchuk, I. A., Golembiovskyy, A. O. & Kornilovych, B. Yu. (2011). Sorption of Cr(VI) and U(VI) ions by palygorskite modified with cationic surfactants. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 11, pp. 131-136 (in Ukrainian).
- Zhdanyuk, N., Kovalchuk, I. & Kornilovyich, B. (2016). Obtaining stabilized nanodispersed iron based on organofilized montmorillonite. EasternEuropean Journal of Enterprise Technologies, No. 5/6, pp. 23-28. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/17294061.2016.79452
- Brindley, G. & Brown, G. (1980). Crystal structures of clay minerals and their Xray indentification. London: Miner.
- Shpak, A. P., Trachevskyy, V. V. & Karbovskyy, V. L. (2002). Physical chemistry of actinides. Kiev: Akademperiodyka (in Russian).
- Shin, Y., Bae, S. & Lee, W. (2013). Formation of surface mediated iron colloids during U(VI) and nZVI interaction. Adv. Environ. Res., 2, Iss. 3, pp. 167-177. doi: https://doi.org/10.12989/aer.2013.2.3.167