|1Mezhzherin, SV, 1Saliy, TV, 1Mezhzherin, IS, 1Losev, AA, 1Tsyba, AA |
1I. I. Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 5:75-82|
The unique record of mass anomalies of allozyme spectra has been found in the Irpin river in some cloning biotypes of spined loaches of the genus Cobitis. Evident predominance of genetically abnormal polyploidy loaches was occurred in the lower and middle streams of the river. While, in the upper part of this river, such individuals were extremely few in number. The reason for such genetic disorder is more likely an influence of toxic substances on the genetic apparatus, which have been accumulated in the low stream of this regulated river. Such an interpretation was confirmed by the results of bioindication. It shows an oppressed state of biota in the low part of the Irpen river basin. This is evident from the total absence of filter feeders-mollusks (family Unionidae) in this part of the river. Such mollusks are reliable indicators of a chemical pollution. Compared with the upper part of the Irpen river, there is a full range of species belonging to the family Unionidae, including even Unio crassus, U. tumidus, and Pseudoanadonta complanata, which almost extinct from the other rivers of modern Ukraine. In upper part of the river, a significantly higher degree of infection of the blood parasites Trypanosoma cobitis, carriers of which are freshwater leeches, is observed.
|Keywords: allozymes, bioindication, blood parasites, cloning, genetic anomalities, polyploidy spined loaches, Unionidae|
- Vasil'ev, V. P. (1985). Evolutionary caryology of fishes. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
- Bohlen, J. & Rab, P. (2001). Species and hybrid richness in spined loaches of the genus Cobitis (Teleostei: Cobitidae), with a cheklist of European forms and suggestions for conservation. J. Fish. Biol., 59, Iss. 1, pp. 75-89.
- Mezhzherin, S. V. & Pavlenko, L. I. (2010). Genetic diversity, origin and geographic distribution tendencies of polyploidy spined loaches in Ukraine body. Cytology and Genetics, 44, No. 5, pp. 65-77 (in Russian).
- Mezhzherin, S. V. & Pavlenko, L. I. (2007). A case of hybridization in loaches (Osteichthies, Cobitidae: Cobitis) determing genetic instability and expansion. Cytology and Genetics, 41, No. 4, pp. 26-35 (in Russian).
- Mezhzherin, S. V., Tsyba, A. A., Mezhzherina, D. S. & Pukhtaevitch, P. P. (2014). Situation of increscent press of genetic abnormalities in diploid-polyploid population of spined loaches (Cypriniformes, Cobitidae, Cobitis). Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 6, pp. 140-145 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2014.06.140
- Mezhzherin, S. V. & Chudakorova, T. Yu. (2002). Genetic structure of diploid-polyploid spined loaches complex Sobitis taenia (Cypriniformes: Cobitidae) of the Middle Dnieper basin. Rus. J. Genet., 38, No. 1, pp .86-92.
- Mcivor, A. I. & Aldridge, D. C. (2007). The reproductive biology of depressed river mussel, Pseudoanadonta complanata (Bivalvia, Unionidae) with implications for its conservation. J. Moll. Stud., 73, Iss.3, pp. 259-266.
- Zettler, M. I. (2007). The situation of the freshwater mussel Unio crassus (Philipsson, 1788) in north-east Germany and its monitoring in terms of the EC Habitats directive. Mollusca, 25, Iss. 2, pp. 165-174.
- Vasil'eva, L. A., Yanovitch, L. M., Vinichenko, Y. V., Bilous, O. V. & Trotsenko, K. L. (2017). River mussels (Mollusca, Bivalvia, Unionidae) of water bodies and streams of Zhytomyr region (species diversity, state of population, biocenotic connections). Proceedings of the 8th International Scientific Conference Biological investigations–2017 (pp. 59-60). Zhytomyr: Ruta (in Russian).
- Losev, A. A. (2004). Using of spined loach Cobitis taenia (Osteichthies: Cobitidae) for determination of fishes blood parasites in pond. Rybne hospodarstvo, Iss. 63, pp. 139-142 (in Russian).