|1Grinchenko, VT, 1Gorodetska, NS |
1Institute of Hydromechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 5:22-27|
An analysis of the characteristics of the resonance on inhomogeneous waves with symmetric vibrations of a semi-infinite plate with free lateral boundary and free end is carried out. At the frequency of the edge resonance, the first propagating normal wave is formed by the superposition of propagating SV-wave and an inhomogeneous P-wave. Qualitatively, the edge resonance is due to the peculiarities of the reflection of elastic waves from the free boundary.
|Keywords: edge resonance, elastic waveguide, inhomogeneous waves|
- Grinchenko, V. T. & Meleshko, V. V. (1981). Harmonic oscillations and waves in elastic bodies. Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Viktorov, I. A. (1966). Physical bases of application of ultrasonic waves of Rayleigh and Lamb in engineering. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
- Shaw, E. A. G. (1956). On the resonant vibration of thin barium titanate disks. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 20, No. 1, pp. 38-50.
- Pagneux, V. (2006). Revisiting the edge resonance for Lamb waves in a semi-infinite plate. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 120, No. 2, pp. 649-656.
- Gorodetskaya, N. S. (2001). Once again about the edge resonance. Akust. Visn., 3, No. 4, pp. 35-44 (in Russian).
- Grinchenko, V. T., Gorodetskaya, N. S. & Meleshko, V. V. (2011). Resonance on inhomogeneous waves in an elastic semi-infinite plate. Akust. Visn., 14, No. 1, pp. 20-29 (in Russian).