|Zaiats, VM, Zaiats, MM|
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 6:32-39|
|Section: Information Science and Cybernetics|
On the basis of the theory of pattern recognition, a new approach is proposed that allows one to quantify the value of information. Different approaches to the determination and calculation of basic concepts of information theory are considered, in particular, the amount of information and evaluation of its value, based on statistical considerations (the classical approach), the theory of algorithms (algorithmic approach), and the theory of pattern recognition (figurative approach). Their analysis is carried out, and the limits of their use and the fields of effective application are marked.
|Keywords: algorithm, information quantity, information theory, information value, pattern recognition, probability|
- Brillouin, L. (1960). Science and Information Theory. Moscow: Gosizdat (in Russian).
- Hartley, R. V. (1959). Information Theory and its Applications. Moscow: Fismatgiz (in Russian).
- Shannon, K. (1963). The Works on the Theory of Information and Cybernetics. Moscow (in Russian).
- Kolmogorov, A. N. (1965). The Three Approach to the Definition of the Concept of "amount of information." Problems of Information Transfer. 1. Iss. 1, pp. 63-67 (in Russian).
- Kharkevich, A. A. (1960). About the value of information. Problems of cybernetics. Iss. 4, pp. 53-57.
- Partiko, Z. V. (2001). The figurative concept of information theory. Lviv: LNU im. I. Franko. 98 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Zayats, V. M. & Zayats, M. M. (2016). Logical and functional programming. Tutorial. Kamyanets-Podilsky: Ruta (in Ukrainian).
- Erich, Gamma, Richard, Helm, Ralih, Johnson & John, Vlissides. (2012). Wzorce projektowe (in Poland).
- Zaiats, V. M. & Rybitskay, O. M (2013). The hidden possibilities of mathematics for the statistical processing of information. Materials Int. Sci. Technical Conf. “System Analysis and Information Technologies” (SAIT-2013), May 27-31, 2013, NTUU “KPI”. Kiev (in Ukrainian).