|1Sokolova, LK, 1Pushkarev, VM, 1Belchina, Yu.B, 1Pushkarev, VV, Vatseba, TS, 1Tronko, MD |
1V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the NAMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 8:105-109|
The expression of the main effector protein kinase Akt of the PI3K signaling pathway and the activities of mTOR and p70S6K protein kinases in lymphocytes of patients with diabetes mellitus are determined at the combination treatment with insulin and hypoglycemic drugs. It is shown that the Akt expression is reduced in blood mononuclear cells of patients with diabetes of the 2nd and, to a less extent, type 1. The activities of mTOR and p70S6K are also reduced in lymphocytes of patients with type 2 diabetes. Possible mechanisms of inhibiting the expression and activity of protein kinases are discussed.
|Keywords: Akt, diabetes mellitus, gliclazide, insulin, metformin, mTOR, p70S6K|
- Tronko, M. D., Kovzun, O. I. & Pushkarev, V. M. (2012). Reception and the intracellular mechanisms of in- sulin effect. J. NAMS Ukraine, 4, pp. 430-437 (in Russian).
- Verg è s, B. & Cariou, B. (2015). mTOR inhibitors and diab etes. Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract., 110, No. 2, pp. 1 01-108.
- Standards of medical care in diabetes — 2018. (2018). Diabetes Care., 41, No. 1, pp. S1-S2. doi: https://doi. org/10.2337/dc18-Sint01
- Pushkarev, V. V., Kovzun, O.I., Pushkarev, V. M. & Tronko, M. D. The effect of the combined action of ros- covitine and paclitaxel on the apoptotic and cell c ycle regulatory mechanisms in colon and anaplastic thy- roid cancer cells. ISRN Biochemistry, 2012, No. 826305, pp. 1-6.
- Sokolova, L. K., Pushkarev, V. M., Belchina, Yu. B., Pushkarev, V. V. & Tronko, M. D. (2017). The activity of adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase in lymphocytes under the action of hypoglycemic drugs . Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 6, pp. 96-100 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2017.06.096
- Jeong, K. J., Kim, G. W. & Chung, S. H. (2014). AMP-activated protein kinase: An emerging target for gin- seng. J. Ginseng Res., 38, pp. 83-88.
- Dann, S. G., Selvaraj, A. & Thomas, G. (2007). mTOR Complex1-S6K1 signaling: at the crossroads of obe sity, diabetes and cancer. Trends Mol. Med., 13, No. 6, pp. 252-259.
- Saxton, R. A. & Sabatini, D. M. (2017). mTOR signaling in growth, metabolism, and disease. Cell., 168, No. 6, pp. 960-976.
- Yuan, T., Rafizadeh, S., Gorrepati, K. D., Lupse, B., Oberholzer, J., Maedler, K. & Ardestani, A. (2017). Reciprocal regulation of mTOR complexes in pancreatic islets from humans with type 2 diabetes. Diabeto lo- gia, 60, No. 4, pp. 668-678.
- Ben-Sahra, I., Hoxhaj, G., Ricoult, S. J., Asara, J. M. & Manning, B. D. (2016). mTORC1 induces purine synthesis through control of the mitochondrial tetrahydrofolate cycle. Science, 351, pp. 728-733.
- Jones, R. G. & Pearce, E. J. (2017). MenTORing immunity: mTOR signaling in the development and func- tion of tissue-resident immune cells. Immunity. 46, No. 5, pp. 730-742. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.immuni.2017.04.028
- Lee, D. F., Kuo, H. P., Chen, C. T., Wei, Y., Chou, C. K., Hung, J. Y., Yen, C. J. & Hung, M. C. (2008). IKKbeta suppression of TSC1 function links the mTOR pathway with insulin resistance. Int. J. Mol. Med., 22, No. 5, pp. 633-638.
- Khan, N. M., Ahmad, I. & Haqqi, T. M. (2018). Nrf2/ARE pathway attenuates oxidative and apoptotic re- sponse in human osteoarthritis chondrocytes by acti vating ERK1/2/ELK1-P70S6K-P90RSK signaling axis. Free Radic. Biol. Med., 116, pp. 159-171.
- Pushkarev, V. M., Sokolova, L. K., Pushkarev, V. V., Belchina, Yu. B. & Tronko, M. D. (2016). AMRK activity in lymphocytes of patients with diabetes mellitus under the influence of hypoglycemic drugs. Effect of met- formin. Probl. Endocrinol. Pathol., No. 4, pp. 29-35 (in Russian)