|1Kendzera, OV, Rushchitsky, JJ |
1S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 8:65-75|
The direct method of mechanics is utilized in studying the passing and reflecting of an SH-wave while it propagates through the finite number of ground layers with differing thicknesses and rheological properties. The mechanical properties of the ground layers are described by the Hookean and standard rheological models. The explicit formulas for the evaluation of the wave number and the attenuation of a harmonic SH-wave are obtained. The wave attenuation is studied by two variants — by th e spatial coordinate and in time. The obtained form ulas can be treated as some continuation of classical works of Prof. Savarensky (Russia) in the area of elastic seismic waves and Prof. Stepanishen (USA) in the area of viscoelastic seismic waves.
|Keywords: attenuation of wave, elastic and viscoelastic models, multilayered strata, oscillations on ground surface, shear plane wave|
- Kendzera, A. V., Kosarev, L. G. & Savarensky, E. F. (1979). Determination of true speed soil oscillations from the seismogram. Geofiz. zhurn., 1, No. 1, pp. 56-62 (in Russian).
- Kendzera, O. V. & Rushchitsky, J. J. (2016). Rheological models of soil strata for the seismic microzoning of building sites. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 9, pp. 79-87 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2016.09.079
- Kendzera, O. V. & Rushchitsky, J. J. (2017). On nonlinear models of deformation of strata and propagation of seismic vibrations. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 11, pp. 84-91. doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi-2017.11.044
- Savarensky, E. F. (1972). Seismic waves. Moscow: Nedra (in Russian).
- Rushchitsky, J. J. (2012). Theory of waves in materials. Copenhagen: Ventus Publ., ApS.
- Shearer, P. M. (2009). Introduction to seismology. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Slawinski, M. A. (2003). Seismic waves and rays in elastic media. London: Elsevier.
- Stepanishen, P. R. & Strozeski, B. (1972). Reflection and transmission of acoustic wideband plane waves by layered viscoelastic media. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 71, No. 1, pp. 9-21.