|1Lyalko, VI |
1Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth, Institute of Geological Science of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth Institute of Geological Science of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 9:77-86|
We performed the correlation assessment of the changes for main socio-economical factors of Ukraine with the analysis of intensity of night lightening within spacecraft survey DMSP/OLS data. The archive of satellite imagery and statistical data on the urban and rural population numbers and on the gross regional product between 1992 and 2012 were used. We established that satellite data on the night lightening of the territory form the DMSP/OLI satellite are correlating with indicators that characterize the socio-economical condition of the country, and can be used in case of independent remote monitoring of the socio-economical development of Ukraine.
|Keywords: DMSP/OLI, night lightening, population number, regional gross product, Ukraine|
- Lyalko, V. I., Sakhatsky, A. I., Apostolov, A. A. & Elistratova, L. A. (2017). Application of products from NPP/VIIRS satellite images at night for assessment of the economic crisis in the East of Ukraine (the Donetsk and Luhansk regions). Visn. Nac. Acad. nauk Ukr., No. 2, pp. 48-53 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/visn2017.02.048
- Lyalko, V. I., Elistratova, L. A. & Apostolov, A. A. (2017). The estimation of cultivated areas under winter crops by Landsat survey data over the Donetsk region. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 6, pp. 51-57 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2017.06.051
- NOAA: National Centers for Environmental Information. Retrieved from https://ngdc.noaa.gov/eog/index.html
- People's economy of Ukraine [1991-1993] (1992-1994): Statistical Yearbook. Samchenko V.V. (Ed.). Kiev: Technics (in Ukrainian).
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Savin, I. Yu., Stathakis, D. & Dokunin, P. A. (2017). Satellite based night lights data as an indicator of general socio-economic development of regions of Russia. Sovr. Probl. DZZ Kosm. 14, No. 6, pp. 210-221 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.21046/2070-7401-2017-14-6-210-221
- Elvidge, C. D., Baugh, K. E., Dietz, J. B., Bland, T., Sutton, P. C. & Kroehl, H. W. (1999). Radiance calibration of DMSP-OLS low-light imaging data of human settlements. Remote Sens. Environ., 68, No. 1, pp. 77-88. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0034-4257(98)00098-4
- Fan, J., Ma, T., Zhou, C., Zhou, Y. & Xu, T. (2014). Comparative estimation of urban development in China's cities using socioeconomic and DMSP/OLS night light data. Remote Sens., 6, No. 8, pp. 7840-7856. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/rs6087840
- Gao, B., Huang, Q., He, C. & Ma, Q. (2015). Dynamics of urbanization levels in China from 1992 to 2012: perspective from DMSP/OLS night time light data. Remote Sens., 7, No. 2, pp. 1721-1735. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/rs70201721
- Kushnir, O. V. (2014). Development of the methodology for determining population density by night images DMSP OLS . Izv. VUZov. Geodeziya i aerofotos'emka, No. 1, pp. 66-70.
- Elvidge, C. D., Erwin, E. H., Baugh, K. E., Ziskin, D., Tuttle, B. T., Ghosh, T. & Sutton, P. C. (2009). Overview of DMSP night time lights and future possibilities. Urban Remote Sens. Joint Event. 3 Vols. Proceedings of a meeting held 20-22 May 2009, Shanghai, China (5 pp). Curran Associates, Inc. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/URS.2009.5137749
- National Bank of Ukraine. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/index