|Semenyuk, NP, Trach, VM, Zhukova, NB|
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 9:42-50|
A continual calculation model is offered to study the stability of carbon nanotubes. It is based on the non-linear theory of anisotropic shells with medium curvature. The calculations of critical states for nanotubes with hemispherical end caps and without them under different boundary conditions and different external loads are carried out.
|Keywords: axial compression, carbon nanotube, external pressure, hemispherical end caps, stability, theory of shells|
- Guz, A. N., Rushchitsky, J. J. & Guz, I. A. (2010). Introduction in Mechanics of nanocomposites. Kiev: S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics (in Russian).
- Elishakoff, I. & Pentaras, D. et al. (2012). Carbon nanotubes and Nanosensors: Vibration, Buckling and Ballistic Impact. Wiley-ISTE.
- Ru, C. Q. (2000). Elastis buckling of singwalled carbon nanotubes ropes under hight pressure. Phis. Review, 62, pp. 10405-10408.
- Semenyuk, N. P. (2016). Stability of double-walled carbon nanotubes revisited. Int. Appl. Mech., 52, No. 1, pp. 73-81.
- Shima, H. (2012). Buckling of Carbon Nanotubes: A State of the Art Review. Materials, 5, pp. 47-84.
- Sears, A. & Batra, B. C. (2006). Buckling of multiwalled carbon nanotubes under axial compression. Phis. Review, B 73, pp. 1-11.
- Thostenton, E. T., Li, C. & Chou, T.-W. (2005). Nanocomposites in context (review). Composites Science and Technology, 65, pp. 491-516.
- Wang, C. M., Zhang, Y. Y., Xiang, Y. & Reddy, J. N. (2010). Recent Studies on Buckling of Carbon Nanotubes. Appl. Mechanics Reviews, 63, No. 3, pp. 1-18.
- Wang, C. M., Tay, Z. Y., Chowdhuary, A. H., Duan, W. D., Zhang, Y. Y. & Silvestre, N. (2011). Examination of cylindrical shells theories for buckling of carbon nanotubes. Int. J. Struct. Stability and Dynamics, 11, No. 6, pp. 1035-1058.
- Yakobson, B. I., Brabec, C. J. & Brabec, J. (1996). Nanomechanics of carbon tubes instabilities beyond linear response. Phys. Review Letters, 76, pp. 2511-2514.
- Bazhenov, V. A., Semenyuk, M. P. & Trach, V. M. (2010). Nonlinear deformation, stability and postbuckling behavior of anisotropic shells. Kiev: Caravela (in Ukrainian).
- Vanin, G. A. & Semenyuk, N. P. (1987). Stability of shells made of composite materials with imperfections. Kiev: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
- Lanczos, C. (1964). The Variational Principles of Mechanics. Univ. of Toronto Press.
- Semenyuk, N. P. & Zhukova, N. B. (2016). Stability and Post-Buckling Behavior of Orthotropic Cylindrical Shells with Local Deflection. Int. Appl. Mech., 52, No. 3, pp. 290-300.