|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 9:64-69|
It is shown that, in an Ising AFM with ion spin S = 1, a magnetic field at T ≠ 0 can induce a double metamagnetic transition in the form of a sequence of two quantum first-order magnetic phase transitions (QPT I) from a plateau in the magnetization between these transitions. In this case, the transition from the antiferromagnetic phase to the ferromagnetic phase occurs through the intermediate state formation, in which the sublattice spin initially magnetized against the magnetic field is in the Van Vleck paramagnetic state.
|Keywords: antiferromagnet, entropy, paramagnet, phase transitions|
- Loktev, V. M. & Ostrovskii, V. S. (1999). The peculiarities of statics and dynamics of magnetic insulators with single-ion anisotropy. Low. Temp. Phys., 20, No. 10, pp. 983-1016 (in Russian).
- Kalita, V. M. & Loktev, V. M. (2006). Quantum phase transitions and phase H — T diagram of Van-Vleck multi — sublattice antiferromagnet. Low. Temp. Phys., 32, No. 2, pp. 158-168 (in Russian).
- Rozenfeld, E. V. (1976). Quantum magnetization jump with easy — plane anisotropy. JETP. Lett., 24, No. 2, pp. 50-53.
- Stishov, S. M. (2004). Quantum phase transitions. Phys. Sci. Uspekhi, 174, No. 8, pp. 853-860 (in Russian).
- Vojta, M. (2003). Quantum phase transitions. Rep. Prog. Phys., 66, pp. 2069-2110.
- Koga, A., Kawakami, N. & Sigrist, M. (2003). Quantum phase transition of the S = 1 Shastry — Suyherland model. J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 72. No. 4, pp. 938-942.
- Kalita, V. M. & Loktev, V. M. (2005). On the sequence of quantum (meta) magnetic transitions in Ising antiferromagnets with single — ion anisotropy. Low. Phys. Temp., 31, No. 7, pp. 815-819 (in Russian).
- Hertz, J. A. (1976). Quantum critical phenomena. Phys. Rev. B., 14, pp. 1165-.
- Lavanov, G. Yu., Kalita, V. M., Ivanova, I. M. & Loktev, V. M. (2016). Magnetic quantum phase transitions and entropy in Van-Vleck magnet. JMMM., 416, pp. 466-474.
- Shangina, E. L. & Dolgopolov, V. T. (2003). Quantum phase transitions in two — dimensional systems. Phys. Sci. Uspekhi, 173, No. 8, pp. 802-812 (in Russian).
- Zvezdin, A. K., Matveev, V. M., Mukhin, A. A. & Popov, A. I. (1985). Rare — earth ions in magnetically ordered crystals. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).