|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2019, 10:29-37|
Using the basic relations of the three-dimensional linearized theory of stability in the framework of the piecewise- homogeneous medium model, the problem of stability of a layered composite material under compression of reinforcing layers by a surface load is solved. The case of a non-uniform subcritical state associated with an end effect in the region of application of the load is considered. A computational model is used for the boundary conditions on the lateral sides of a multilayer sample made of a composite material, which correspond to the symmetry conditions. The influence of the end effect on the attenuation of forms of a near-surface instability at diffe rent statically equivalent loads of reinforcing layers of a composite material is studied. For the numerical solution of the problem, the grid method based on the modified variation-difference approach is applied.
|Keywords: crumpling of ends, end effect, layered composite material, longitudinal compression, mode of stability loss, multilayer representative element, near-surface buckling, surface load, three-dimensional linearized theory of stability|
1. Guz, A. N. (1990). Mechanics of fracture of composite materials under compression. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
2. Guz, A. N. (2008). Fundamentals of the compressive fracture mechanics of composites. Edition in 2 vulumes. Vol. 1. Fracture in structure of materials. Vol. 2. Related mechanisms of fracture. Kyiv: LITERA (in Russian).
3. Guz, A. N. (1986). Fundamentals of three-dimensional theory of stability of deformable bodies. Kyiv: Vysha Shkola (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00886854
4. Guz, A. N. (1999). Fundamentals of the Three-Dimensional Theory of Stability of Deformable Bodies. Ber lin: Springer. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69633-9
5. Guz, A. N. & Kokhanenko, Yu. V. (1987). Brittle fracture of composite materials with crushed of ends. Dokl. Acad. nauk S.S.S.R., 296, No. 4, pp. 805-808 (in Russian).
6. Guz, A. N. & Kokhanenko, Yu. V. (2001). Numerical Solution of Three-Dimentional Stability Problems for Elastic Bodies. Int. Appl. Mech., 37, Nо. 11, pp. 1369-1399. doi: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014261430281
7. Dekret, V. A., Zelenskii, V. S. & Bystrov, V. M. (2014). Numerical Analysis of Stability of a Laminated Composite with Compressed Reinforcement Plies. Int. Appl. Mech., 50, No. 5, pp. 549-557. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-014-0653-7
8. Bystrov, V. M., Dekret, V. A. & Zelenskii, V. S. (2017). Loss of Stability in a Composite Laminate Compressed by a Surface Load. Int. Appl. Mech., 53, No. 2, pp. 156-163. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-017-0801-y
9. Bystrov, V. M., Dekret, V. A. & Zelenskii, V. S. (2018). Numerical Study of Stability of Composite Laminate Compressed by a Surface Load. Problems of Computational Mechanics and Strength of Structures, Iss. 28, pp. 23-33 (in Russian).
10. Grygorenko, Ya. M., Shevchenko, Yu. N., Vasilenko, A. T. et al. (2002). Computaional methods. Mechanics of composites: In 12 volumes. Editor-in-Chief A.N. Guz. Vol.11. Kyiv: A.S.K. (in Russian).
11. Bystrov, V. M., Dekret, V. A. & Zelenskii, V. S. (2015). Numerical Analysis of the Edge Effect in a Composite Laminate with Compressed Reinforcement Plies. Int. Appl. Mech., 51, No. 5, pp. 561-566. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-015-0711-9
12. Pissanetzky, S. (1984). Sparse Matrix Technology. London: Academ. Press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-557580-5.50012-0
13. Guz, A. N. & Dekret, V. A. (2015). The model of short fibers in the theory of stability of composites. Saarbrücken: Lambert Acad. Publ. (in Russian).