|1Shatalov, NN |
1Institute of Geological Sciences of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2019, 2:68-77|
The analysis of aerospace, structuralgeological, geomorphological, and terrestrial information indicates a clear manifestation of modern differentiated tectonic movements of Earth’s crust in the southern part of the city of Dnepr from 1960 to the present. The spatiotemporal inversion activity of faults reflects the dynamics of the geoblocks of the crystalline basement and the sedimentary cover at the stage of modern relief formation, the formation of a ravinegully network, and plateau destruction. It has been established that the activation of predominantly vertical tectonic movements is clearly correlated with active landslide processes in the Counter, Tunnel, and Evpatoria beams. The modern tectonic activity of the block structures of the basement and sedimentary cover, the construction of a large urban agglomeration, and the overload of the watershed plateau by man led to the naturalmanmade disaster on the Topol1 railway station in June 1997.
|Keywords: disaster, interglobe plateau, landslide, loess, satellite images, tectonics|
1. Ginzburg, L. K. & Shvets, V. B. (1999). The collapse of the slope in a residential neighborhood. Osnovaniya, fundamentyi i mechanika gruntov, No. 3, pp. 28-30 (in Russian).
2. Babich, F. B., Sedin, V. L. & Levchenko, G. N. (2012). Features builtup the slope above the railway station Vstrechnaya in Dnipropetrovsk. Bridges and tunnels: theory, research, practice. No. 3, pp. 9-13 (in Russian).
3. Novik, N. N., Nedrya, G. D. & Wolfman, Yu. M. (1998). Biogeophysical and structuralkinematic studies in practical geology (new technologies). Kiev: SP “Intertechnodruk” (in Russian).
4. Shatalov, N. N. (2018). Landslide on the residential massif “Topol” in the city of Dnepr, the causes of the phenomenon based on the results of geological and space research. Ukr. J. Remote Sensing, No. 1, pp. 13-26 (in Russian).
5. Landslide in Dnepropetrovsk on the Poplar on June 6, 1997. Retrieved from http://artkostyuk.com/interestingdnepr/opolzenvdnepropetrovske.html
6. Satellite images of Dnepropetrovsk in 1965. Retrieved from http://artkostyuk.com
7. There was a landslide on Topol. Retrieved from https://dnepr.comments.ua/news/2018/10/25/121036.html Received 13.11.2018.