|Semenyuk, NP |
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2019, 5:44-55|
Using the asymptotic Koiter—Budyansky method, a procedure is developed for solving the problem of stability and the postbuckling behavior of a sandwich shell with a lightweight core, which has elasticity only in the transverse direction. The resolving system of nonlinear equations is derived, by taking the discreteness of the structure into account, which allows us to consider general and local variants of the forms of buckling. The calculation of the structures consisting of two cylindrical carbon-fiber shells interacting by means of a spring core was performed.
|Keywords: asymptotic method, postbuckling behavior, sandwich shells, stability, transversally elastic filler|
1. Grigolyuk, E. I. & Chulkov, P. P. (1973). Stability and vibrations of sandwich shells. Мoscow: Maschinostroenie (in Russian).
2. Hunt, G. W. & Wadee, M. A. (1998) Localization and Mode Interaction in Sandwich Structures. Prec. Math., Phys. Eng. Scie., 454, No. 1972, рр. 1197-1216. doi: https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1998.0202
3. Vinson, J. R. (2005). Sandwich Structures: Past, Present, Future /Sandwich Structures 7: Advansing in Sandwich Structures and Materials: Рroc. of the 7 th inter. Conf. on Sandwich Structures. Aalborg Univ., Denmark. P. 29-31. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1099636205049810
4. Wadee, M A., Yiatros, S. & Theofanous, M. (2010). Comparative Studies of Localized Bending of Sandwich Struts with Different Core Bending Models. Int. J. Non-linear Mech., 45, pp. 111-120. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2009.10.001
5. Yuan, C., Bergsma, O., Koussios, S., Zu, L. & Beukers, A. (2012). Optimization of Sandwich Composites Fuselages under Flight Loads. Appl. Compos. Mater., 19, No. 1, pp. 47-64. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10443-010-9180-9
6. Wang, C. M., Ma, Y. Q., Zhang, Y. & Ang, K. (2006). Buckling of double-walled carbon nanotubes modeled by solid shell elements. J. Appl. Phys., 99(11), pp. 114317. doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2202108
7. Semenyuk, N. P. (1998). Initial Supercritical Behavior of Fiberglasss Cylindrical Shells with Filler under Axial Compression. Int. Appl. Mech., 24, No. 5, pp. 478-484. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00883069
8. Vanin, G. A. & Semenyuk, N. P. (1987). Stability of shells made of composite materials with imperfections. Кiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
9. Pasternak, P. L (1954). Fundamentals of the method for calculation of base on the elastic foundation using two stiffness coefficients. Мoscow: Stroiizdat (in Russian).
10. Koiter, W. T. (1963). Elastic stability and post-buckling behavior. Proc. Symp. Nonlinear Problems. Madison: Univ. of Wisconsin Press. P. 257-275.
11. Yamaki, N. (1979). Post-buckling behavior and sensitivity to the imperfections of a circular cylindrical shell subjected to compression. Theoretical and applied mechanics: Proc. XIV int. congr. IUТАМ. Moscow: Mir. P. 715-750 (in Russian).
12. Budiansky, B. (1974). Theory of Buckling and Post-bucking Behavior of Elastic Structures. Adv. Appl. Mech., 14, pp. 2-65. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2156(08)70030-9