|1Pasteur, IP |
1V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the NAMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Institute for Occupational Health of the NAMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2020, 1:95-102|
One of the methods for treating the endocrine gland hypofunction is a transplantation of appropriate tissues or cells that are microencapsulated in alginate capsules. The aim of the work was to investigate the safety of the method for immunological parameters. Microencapsulation and transplantation of human thyroid gland tissue in rats intraperitoneally, as well as immunological studies, were carried out according to standard methods. Reliable changes in the number of leukocytes and monocytes, the bactericidal activity of blood neutrophils, complement titer, the MTT test value of peritoneal macrophages, as well as the phagocytic activity of blood neutrophils and the number of macrophages in peritoneal exudate are established. These data indicate the need for the additional purification of a commercial biopolymer before its use in animal experiments.
|Keywords: human thyroid gland tissue, immunological reactions, microencapsulation, rats, transplantation|
1. Aijaz, A., Perera, D. & Olabisi, R. M. (2017). Polymeric materials for cell microencapsulation. Methods Mol. Biol., 1479, pp. 79-93. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6364-5_6
2. Zimmermann, U., Mimietz, S., Zimmermann, H., Hillg rtner, M., Schneider, H., Ludwig, J., Hasse, C., Haase, A., Rothmund, M. & Fuhr, G. (2000). Hydrogelbased nonautologous cell and tissue therapy. Biotechniques, 29, No. 3, pp. 564-581. Doi: https://doi.org/10.2144/00293rv01
3. Stefanov, Î. V. (Ed.) (2001). Preclinical studies of drugs (Guidelines). Kyiv: Aviñena (in Ukrainian).
4. ICH Topic S 8. (2006). Immunotoxicity studies for human pharmaceuticals. Step 5. Note for guidance on immunotoxicity studies for human pharmaceuticals (CHMP/167235/2004). London: EMEA.
5. Descotes, J. (Ed). (2004). Immunotoxicology of drugs and chemicals: an experimental and clinical approach. Vol. I. Principles and methods of immunotoxicology. Amsterdam, New York, Oxford: Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/S18739822(04)800194
6. Dornish, M., Kaplan, D. & Skaugrud, . (2001). Standards and guidelines for biopolimers in tissueengineered medical products: ASTM alginate and citosan standard guides. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci., 944, pp. 388-397. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2001.tb03850.x
7. Pasteur, I. P., Baranova, L. A., Dmytrukha, N. M. & Lahutina, O. S. (2017). Immunological reactions of rats on transplantation alginate microcapsule. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 6, pp. 88-95. Doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2017.06.088 (in Ukrainian).
8. Figliuzzi, M., Plati, T., Cornolti, R., Adobati, F., Fagiani, A., Rossi, L., Remuzzi, G. & Remuzzi, A. (2006). Biocompatibility and function of microencapsulated pancreatic islets. Acta Biomater., 2, No. 2, pp. 221-227. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2005.12.002
9. Menshikov, V. V. (Ed.). (1987). Laboratory methods studies in clinic. Directory. Moscow: Meditsina (in Russian).
10. Paster, Ye. U., Ovod, V. V., Pozur, V. K. & Vihot, N. E. (1989). Immunology: Workshop. Kyiv: Vyshcha Shkola (in Russian).
11. Sepiashwili, R. I. (1987). Introduction to immunology. Tshaltubo, Kutaisi (in Russian).
12. Vistica, D. T., Skehan, P., Scudiero, D., Monks, A., Pittman, A. & Boyd, M. R. (1991). Tetrazoliumbased assays for cellular viability: a critical examination of selected parameters affecting formazan production. Cancer Res., 51, No.10, pp. 2515-2520.
13. Nugmanova, L. B. & Ismailov, S. I. (1988). The dynamics of the main indices of the immune system in patients with postoperative hypothyroidism in the treatment by the method of free transplantation of cryopreserved thyroid gland. Kriobiologiya, No. 2, pp. 24-30 (in Russian).