|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2020, 11:92-95|
Numerous studies have demonstrated the superiority of rosuvastatin over other statins in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. It has been proven that rosuvastatin is more effectively lowers low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with cardiovascular disease than other members of this drug group. Despite the known mechanisms of action of statins on blood lipids, their effective use in patients with cardiovascular disease, as well as side effects, the influence of these drugs on the fatty acid spectrum of lymphocyte (LC) membrane phospholipids in patients with ischemic heart disease remains unexplored. The results of the studies cited in the article indicate that, in patients with unstable angina who received the therapy that included rosuvastatin, unlike patients receiving the basic treatment with atorvastatin, the relative phosphate lipid contents of palmitic, stearic, and stearin arachidonic polyunsaturated fatty acids and the amount of unsaturated fatty acids are normalized, which testifies to the stabilization of membranes as dynamic structures.
|Keywords: atorvastatin, fatty acids, lymphocytes, rosuvastatin, unstable angina|
1. Fayura, O. P. (2014). European Society of Cardiology guidelines on the management of stable coronary artery disease (2013). L’viv. Klinich. Visn., No. 1-2, рр. 58-69. https://doi.org/10.25040/lkv2014.01.058 (in Ukrainian).
2. Crouse, J. R., Raichlen, J. S., Riley, W. A., Evans, G. W., Palmer, M. K., O’Leary, D. H., Grobbee, D. E., Bots, M. L. & METEOR Study Group (2007). Effect of rosuvastatin on progression of carotid intima-media thickness in low-risk individuals with subclinical atherosclerosis: the METEOR Trial. JAMA, 297, No. 12, рр. 1344- 1353. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.12.1344
3. Kjekshus, J., Apetrei, E., Barrios, V., Böhm, M., Cleland, J. G. F., Cornel, J. H., Dunselman, P., Fonseca, C., Goudev, A., Grande, P., Gullestad, L., Hjalmarson, Å., Hradec, J., Jánosi, A., Kamenský, G., Komajda, M., Korewicki, J., Kuusi, T., Mach, F., Mareev, V., McMurray, J. J. V., Ranjith, N., Schaufelberger, M., Vanhaecke, J., van Veldhuisen, D. J., Waagstein, F., Wedel, H. & Wikstrand, J. for the CORONA Group (2007). CORONA Group Rosuvastatin in older patients with systolic heart failure. N. Engl. J. Med., 357, No. 22, рр. 2248-2261. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0706201
4. Luvai, A., Mbagaya, W., Hall, A. S. & Barth, J. H. (2012). Rosuvastatin: a review of the pharmacology and clinical effectiveness in cardiovascular disease. Clin. Med. Insights. Cardiol., 6, pp. 17-33. https://doi.org/10.4137/CMC.S4324
5. Nicholls, S. J., Brandrup-Wognsen, G., Palmer, M. & Barter, P. J. (2010). Meta-analysis of comparative effi cacy of increasing dose of Atorvastatin versus Rosuvastatin versus Simvastatin on lowering levels of atherogenic lipids (from VOYAGER). Am. J. Cardiol., 105, No. 1, pp. 69-76. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.amjcard.2009.08.651
6. Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee July 2006. (2006). Positive recommendations. Canberra: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. Retrieved from http://www.ag.gov.au/cca