|1Kaminsky, AA |
1S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2020, 4:34-42|
Within the framework of the cohesion model, the solution of the problem of calculating the parameters of the pre-fracture zone in a joining material at the end of an interfacial crack propagating from the corner point of the broken interface of the two different homogeneous isotropic materials is obtained. The zone is modeled by the discontinuity line of displacements, on which the stresses meet the Mises—Hill strength criterion. By the Mellin integral transformation, the problem is reduced to the Wiener—Hopf vector equation. An approximate method of solution of the Wiener—Hopf vector equation is proposed. The method is based on the representation of the matrix coefficient of the equation in the form of a sum of two matrices, one of which allows for an exact factorization, while the other one is considered as a small perturbation to the first one. The solution of the equation is searched in the form of expansions by the degrees of a matrix-perturbation. From the found solution, the equations for calculating the pre-fracture zone length and the phase angle of stress in the zone, and the expression for the crack opening at the tip are obtained.
|Keywords: cohesive model, interfacial crack, pre-fracture zone|
1. Tvergaard, V. & Hutchinson, J. H. (1996). On the toughness of ductile adhesive joints. J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 44, No. 5, pp. 789-800. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(96)00011-7
2. Tvergaard, V. (2003). Cohesive zone representations of failure between elastic or rigid solids and ductile solids. Eng. Fract. Mech., 70, pp. 1859-1868. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(03)00128-0
3. Kishimoto, K., Omiya, M. & Yang, W. (2002). Fracture mechanics of bonding interface: a cohesive zone model. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 99, pp. 198-206. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(01)00884-6
4. Sun, C. T. & Jin, Z.-H. (2006). Modeling of composite fracture using cohesive zone and bringing models. Composites Science and Technology, 66, pp. 1297-1302. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2005.10.013
5. Lee, M. J., Cho, T. M., Kim, W. S., Lee, B. C. & Lee, J. J. (2010). Determination of cohesive parameters for a mixed-mode cohesive zone model. Int. J. Adhesion & Adhesives, 30, pp. 322-328. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2009.10.005
6. Dudyk, M. V. (2013). Analytical solution of the plane problem on the cohesive prefracture zone in conjunctive material near the tip of the interfacial crack. Visnyk Odes’k. nats. universytetu. Matematyka i mekha nika, 18, No. 4 (20), pp. 84-95 (in Ukrainian).
7. Kaminsky, A. A., Dudik, M. V. & Kipnis, L. A. (2006). On the direction of development of a thin prefracture process zone at the tip of an interfacial crack between dissimilar media. Int. Appl. Mech., 42, No. 2, pp. 136-144. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-006-0068-1
8. Kaminsky, A. A., Dudik, M. V. & Kipnis, L. A. (2007). Initial kinking of an interfacial crack between two elastic media. Int. Appl. Mech., 43, No. 10, pp. 1090-1099. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-007-0109-4
9. Dudyk, М. V. & Dikhtyarenko, Yu. V. (2012). Development of a prefracture zone from an interface crack at a corner point of an interface of two elastic media. J. Math. Sci., 184, No. 2, pp. 121-135. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-012-0857-5
10. Dudyk, М. V., Dikhtyarenko, Yu. V. & Dyakon, V. M. (2014). Influence of the Plasticity of a Joining Material on the Kink of an Interface Crack at the Corner Point of the Interface of Media. Mater. Sci., 50, No. 1, pp. 46-54. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-014-9690-y
11. Rice, J. R. (1988). Elastic fracture mechanics concepts for interface crack. Trans. ASME. J. Appl. Mech., 55, pp. 98-103. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3173668
12. Khrapkov, A. A. (2001). Wiener—Hopf method in mixed elasticity theory problems. St. Petersburg: B. E. VNIIG Inc.
13. Gakhov, F. D. (1966). Boundary Value Problems. Oxford : Pergamon Press. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-010067-8.50007-4
14. Noble, B. (1988). Methods Based on the Wiener—Hopf Technique. 2nd. ed. New York: Chelsea.