|1Samson, OYa., 2Sprynchuk, NA, 2Bolshova, OV |
1V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the NAMS of Ukraine, Kyiv; P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv
2V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the NAMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 4:96-102|
Among all patients with short stature, the examination revealed the normal content of growth hormone (basal and stimulated levels) and reduced or normal levels of insulin-like growth factor-I in the majority, which automatically excludes these patients from a cohort of growth hormone deficiency. The vast majority of these patients had a diagnosis of idiopathic short stature; sometimes, there were isolated cases of a syndrome of biologically inactive growth hormone. The article discusses the diagnostic differences between these states and therapeutic interventions, by predicting the effectiveness of treatment.
|Ключевые слова: growth hormone, short stature, test of stimulation of insulin-like growth factor-I|
- Wit, J. M. (2015). Idiopathic Short Stature. J. Clin. Res. Pediatr. Endocrinol., 7, Suppl. 1, pp. 2-2.
- Radovick, S. & MacGillivaray, M. N. (Eds.) (2013). Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide, 2nd ed. Totowa, NY: Humana press. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60761-395-4
- Hermanussen, M. & Cole, J. (2003). The calculation of target height reconsidered. Horm. Res., 59, pp. 180-183. https://doi.org/10.1159/000069321
- Shandin, A., Nagaeva, E., Peterkova, V. & Dedov, I. (2010). The efficacy and safety of recombinant growth hormone in children with idiopathic short stature (two-year experience). Probl. endokrinologii, 56, No 6, pp. 14-23 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.14341/probl201056614-23
- Visser-van Balen, H., Geenen, R., Kamp, G. A. & Sinnema, L. G. (2007). Long-term psychosocial consequences of hormone treatment for short stature. Acta Paediatr., 96, pp. 715-719. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2007.00235.x
- Allen, D. B. & Fost, N. C. (2004). Growth hormone for short stature: ethical issues raised by expanded access. J. Pediatr., 144, pp. 648-652. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2004.02.028
- Sprynchuk, N. & Samson, O. (2010). Clinical features and treatment of syndrome of biological inactive growth hormone. Klinichna endokrynologiia ta endokrynna khirurgiia, No. 30, pp. 58-62 (in Ukrainian).