|Title||Specifics of supercritical parameters of a flow under non-uniform heating of the fuel assembly channel walls|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Avramenko, AA, Kondratieva, EA, Kovetskaya, MM, Tyrinov, AI, Vasilchenko, VV|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
Based on the RNG $k$-$\varepsilon$ turbulence model, computer simulations are performed. Their results include distributions of the hydrodynamical and heat transfer parameters for a supercritical water flow in the seven-rod fuel assembly. The simulations were performed under steady state conditions at uniform and non-uniform heating of the channel walls, which enabled us to reveal effects of the heating on the distribution of the coolant properties. It is shown that the non-uniform heating an causes azimuthal non-uniformity of the heat transfer coefficient.
|Keywords||fuel assembly channel, heating, supercritical parameters|
1. Generation IV nuclear energy systems ten-year program plan. Prepared for the U. S. Department of energy office of nuclear energy under DOE Idaho operations office contract, 2005. Retrieved from: http://nuclear.inl.gov/deliverables/docs/gen-iv-10-yr-program-plan.pdf.
2. Cao L., Oka Y., Ishiwatari Y., Shang Z. J. of Nuclear Science and Technology, 2008, 45, No 2: 138–148. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.2008.9711423
3. Avramenko A. A. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2007, No 12: 88–93 (in Russian).
4. Avramenko A. A. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr, 2011, No 5: 88–93 (in Russian).
5. Avramenko A. A., Kondrateva E. A., Kovetskaya M. M., Tyrinov A. I. Inzh.-fiz. zhyrn., 2013, 86, No 4: 760–767 (in Russian).
6. Aleksandrov A. A., Orlov K. A., Ochkov V. F. Thermophysical properties of working substances of power system, Moscow: Izd. dom MEI, 2009 (in Russian).
7. Bezrukov Yu. A., Astakhov V. I., Trushyn A. M. et al. The study of heat transfer crisis in relation to the actual axial profiles of heat. In: Proceedings of the III Scientific and Technical. Conf. “ Ensuring the safety of nuclear power plants with VVER”, Vol. 1, Podolsk, 2003: 67–71 (in Russian).