|Title||New properties of the FD-method in its applications to the Sturm-Liouville problems|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Makarov, VL, Romanyuk, NM|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
We prove that the FD-method, when applied to the Sturm–Liouville problem for a second-order ordinary differential equation with Dirichlet boundary conditions, converges faster than as compared with the result of the previous articles by V. L. Makarov and his students. A substantially new algorithm for the FD-method is presented and shown to be highly effective, when implemented with the use of a computer algebra software.
|Keywords||FD-method, Sturm-Liouville problems|
1. Makarov V. L. Dokl. AN USSR, 1991, 320, No. 1: 34–39 (in Russian).
2. Bandirsky B. Y., Makarov. V. L., Ukhanov O. L. Zhurn. obchisl. prikl. matematiki, 2000, 85, No. 1: 1–60 (in Ukrainian).
3. Makarov V. L. Obchysl. ta prykl. matematyka, 1997, 82: 69–74 (in Ukrainian).
4. Adomian G. Solving frontier problems of physics: the decomposition method. Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-015-8289-6
5. Makarov V. L., Vinokur V. V. J. Math. Sci., 1995, 77, No. 5: 3399–3405. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02367984
6. Marchenko V. A. Operators of Sturm-Liouville and their applications. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1977 (in Russian).