|Title||On the first finding of zoned pyrope in the sedimentary cover of the Ukrainian shield|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The first finding of zoned pyrope in terrigenous deposits of Ukraine is described. The grain of ∼0.3×0.4 mm in size is a part of a larger crystal and chemically inhomogeneous. From side to side in them, the FeO content appropriately increases (from 8.6 to 11.6%) and MgO decreases(from 20.6 to 17.8%). Thus, the concentration of other indicator elements (Ti, Ca, Cr) remains unchanged. Based on the analysis of obtained data, it is concluded that its native sources were kimberlites or garnet peridotites of UHPM terranes, and the temperature and the pressure of crystallization were near 800–850 ºC and 2.0 GPa. In respect of the zonality exposed in pyrope, it is most probable that it is a result of its subsolidus alteration in mother rocks at comparatively high temperature and pressure.
|Keywords||Ukrainian Shield, zoned pyrope|
1. Geiko Yu. V., Gursky D. S., Lykov L. I. et al. Prospects for the indigenous diamond content of Ukraine. Kyiv; Lviv: Tsentr Evropy, 2006 (in Russian).
2. Matsiuk S. S., Zinchuk N. N. Optical spectroscopy of minerals of the upper mantle. Moscow: Nedra, 2001 (in Russian).
3. Vishnevsky O. A., Pavlyuk O. V, Pavlyuk V. M. Mineral. zhurn., 2012, 34, No. 1: 25–34 (in Russian).
4. Sobolev N. V. Deep inclusions in kimberlites and the problem of the composition of the upper mantle. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1974 (in Russian).
5. Lazko E. E., Serenko V. P. Izv. AN USSR. Ser. geol., 1983, No. 12: 41–53 (in Russian).
6. Smith D., Boyd F. R. Contrib. Mineral. Petrol., 1992, 112: 134–147. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00310960
7. Brueckner H. K., Medaris L. G. J. Metamorphic Geol., 2000, 18, No. 2: 123–133. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1314.2000.00250.x
8. Song S. G., Niu Y. L., Zhang L. F., Bucher K. J. Metamorphic Geol., 2009, 27: 621–638. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1314.2009.00848.x
9. Vrabec M. Geologija (Ljubljana). – 2010, 53, No. 1: 21–36. https://doi.org/10.5474/geologija.2010.002
10. Van Roermund H. L. M., Drury M. R., Barnhoorn A., De Ronde A. J. Petrol., 2001, 42, No. 1: 117– 130. https://doi.org/10.1093/petrology/42.1.117
11. Grutter H., Latti D., Menzies A. J. Petrol., 2006, 47, No. 4: 801–820. https://doi.org/10.1093/petrology/egi096
12. Brey G. P., Kohler T. Geothermometry i J. Petrol., 1990, 31, No. 6: 1353–1378. https://doi.org/10.1093/petrology/31.6.1353
13. O’Neill H. S. C., Wood B. J. Contrib. Mineral. Petrol., 1979, 70: 59–70. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00371872
14. Wu C. M., Zhao G. C. J. Metamorphic Geol., 2007, 25: 497–505. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1314.2007.00706.x