|Title||Coalescence of two unequal collinear cracks in a viscoelastic composite plate|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Kaminsky, AA, Selivanov, MF|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
Using the theory of linear viscoelasticity, the constitutive relations for the time-dependent tips of the mode I nonequal collinear cracks in orthotropic composite materials under conditions of a in-plane stress state are obtained. The constitutive relations are a system of integral equations and inequalities. The numerical examples of kinetic curves are presented for two initial distances between cracks. The propagation rates of crack tips are different for the problem under study.
|Keywords||coalescence, collinear cracks, viscoelastic composite plate|
1. Kaminsky A. A. Destruction of viscoelastic bodies with cracks. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1990. (in Russian).
2. Gutzul V. I., Kaminsky A. A. Int. Appl. Mech., 1989, 25, No. 5: 477–483.
3. Kaminsky A. A., Selivanov M. F., Chornoivan Yu. O. J. of Math. Sciences. 2013, 190, No. 5: 697–709. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-013-1281-1
4. Cherepanov G. P. Mechanics of brittle fracture. Moscow: Nauka, 1974 (in Russian).
5. Selivanov M. F. Int. Appl. Mech., 2009, 45, No. 10: 62–70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-010-0249-9
6. Van Fo Fy. Composite materials of fibrous structure. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1970 (in Russian).
7. Kaminsky A. A., Selivanov M. F., Chornoivan Yu. O. J. of Math. Sci., 2011, 176, No. 5: 616–630. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-011-0426-3