|Title||Sliding contact of rough elastic bodies with regard for adhesion|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Galanov, BA, Valeeva, IK|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
A sliding adhesive contact between rough elastic bodies is investigated. Roughness is simulated by a Winkler–Fuss nonlinear elastic layer. Mechanical properties of the layer are determined by statistical theories of adhesive contact between nominally flat rough surfaces. The contact of asperities can be described by different theories that include all mechanical properties of contacting materials. The rough layer can resist to compressive and tensile (in the case of adhesion) contact stresses. The sliding contact of solids is described by the nonlinear boundary integral equations with non-monotonic operators, solutions of which determine a deformation of the rough layer, nominal contact stresses (normal and shear), nominal contact region, friction force, and its nonlinear dependence on the normal force. The results allow us to evaluate the adhesion contribution to sliding contact characteristics.
|Keywords||adhesion, contact, elastic bodies|
1. Deryagin B. V. What is friction? Moscow: Izd-vo AN USSR, 1963 (in Russian).
2. Deryagin B. V. Zhurn. fiz. khimii, 1934, 5: 1165–1172 (in Russian).
3. Maugis D. Contact, adhesion and rupture of elastic solids. Berlin: Springer, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-04125-3
4. Barthel E. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 2008, 41: 1–40. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/41/16/163001
5. Galanov B. A., Valeeva I. K., Ivanov S. M. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2010, No. 8: 106–112 (in Russian).
6. Galanov B. A. Int. J. Mech. Sci., 2011, 53: 968–977. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2011.07.010
7. Galanov B. A., Valeeva I. K., Ivanov S. M. et al. Models of adhesion of elastic bodies with regular roughness. Development of L.A. Galin's ideas in mechanics. Collection of works dedicated to the 100th anniversary of L.A. Galin. Moscow; Izhevsk, 2013: 244–279 (in Russian).
8. Borodich F. M., Galanov B. A. Proc. R. Soc. A., 2008, 464: 2759–2776. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2008.0044
9. Jonson K. Mechanics of contact interaction. Moscow: Nauka, 1989 (in Russian).