|Title||Some methods for using the satellite imagery for assessing and forecasting the sustainable development of urban territories (the case of Kiev)|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Sokolovska, AV, Fedorovskiy, AD|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The possibility of application of system methods using the satellite imagery to assess and to forecast the state of the environment on urban territories (the Kiev city is used as an example) is substantiated. The following methods are used: fractal analysis for the integral assess of the variability of components of the urban territories; system dynamics (Forrester–Graham urban dynamics model), and multiobjective optimization method for the modeling and the estimation of the ecological condition of urban territories.
|Keywords||forecasting, Kiev, satellite imagery, urban territories|
1. Glebova O. V. The natural complex of the big city, Moscow: Nauka, 2000 (in Russian).
2. Lyalko V. I., Fedorovskiy A. D., Popov M. A. et al. Using satellite data to study natural resource issues. In Space research in Ukraine 2002. – 2004, Kyiv, 2004: 7–14 (in Russian).
3. The general plan of the city. Kyiv. Substantive provisions. Compilation., The executive body of Kyiv City Council (Kyiv City State Administration), municipal organization "Institute of General Plan. Kyiv", Kyiv, 2011 (in Ukrainian).
4. Ermoshyn I. S. ARCREVIEW, 2009, No 1: 12–13 (in Russian).
5. Huete A., Justice C., Van Leeuwen W. MODIS VEGETATION INDEX (MOD13). Algorithm theoretical basis document. Verion 3. April, 1999: 120.
6. Mandelbrot B. Fractal Geometry of Nature, Moscow: In-t kompyut. issledovanii, 2002 (in Russian).
7. Fedorovskiy A. D., Dargeyko L. F., Zubko V. P., Yakimchuk V. G. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2001, No 10: 120–124 (in Russian).
8. Forrestor D. The dynamics of development of the city, Moscow: Progress, 1974 (in Russian).
9. Sokolovska A. V. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2013, No 12: 187–194 (in Ukrainian).
10. Labor Central Geophysical Observatory. Ed by O. O. Kosovets et al., Iss. 5 (19), Kyiv: Interpres LTD, 2009 (in Ukrainian).