|Title||Research of oxidative stress participation in the development of the radiation-induced bystander effect in human peripheral blood lymphocytes|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2014|
|Authors||Shemetun, OV, Talan, OO|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The radiation-induced bystander effect is modeled with the help of a mixed cell culture consisting of peripheral blood lymphocytes obtained from individuals of different sexes irradiated in vitro in a dose of 1 Gy and unirradiated. The frequency of chromosome aberrations in unirradiated bystander-cells without and under the action of an antioxidant vitaminic medical product had been determined. It had been found that the impact of the antioxidant into the mixed culture before the cultivation prevented the occurrence of the radiation-induced bystander effect. The data obtained testify to the participation of oxidative stress in the mechanism of bystander effect development.
|Keywords||human, lymphocytes, oxidative stress, peripheral blood|
1. Littl D. B. Radiats. biologiia. Radioekologiia, 2007, 47, No. 3: 262–272 (in Russian).
2. Wright E. Mechanisms of non-targeted effects (14.06.2010) / Mode of access. Retrieved from https://www. noteip.org/Meetings_and_events/NOTE_Workshops.
3. Lehnert B. E., Iyer R. Hum. Exp. Toxicol., 2002, 21, No 2: 65–69. https://doi.org/10.1191/0960327102ht212oa
4. Iyer R., Lehnert B. E. Cancer Res., 2000, 60: 1290–1298.
5. Shemetun O. V., Pilinska M. A. Tsytologiia i genetyka, 2008, 41, No. 4: 66–71 (in Ukrainian).
6. Konopacka M. The influence of antioxidant vitamins on the radiation-induced bystander effect in normal human lymphocytes. Proceedings of the 35th Conf. European Society of Modern radiation research problems radiation research. Kyiv, 2007: 94–101.
7. Shemetun O. V., Talan O. O., Pilinska M. A. Zhurn. AMN Ukr., 2006, 12, No. 3: 556–565 (in Ukrainian).
8. National research center for radiation medicine of NAMS of Ukraine. Methods cytogenetic studies of radiation-induced bystander effect: Inform. letter. Kyiv, 2007 (in Ukrainian).
9. Shemetun O. V. Arkhiv klinich. ta eksperym. medytsyny, 2012, 21, No 2: 204–206 (in Ukrainian).
10. Shemetun O. V. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2013, No. 9: 191–195 (in Ukrainian).
11. Shupyk National medical academy. Cytogenetic methods of human chromosomes: guidelines. Kyiv, 2003 (in Ukrainian).
12. An International system for human cytogenetic nomenclature: high-resolution banding (2013). Standing committee on Human Cytogenetic nomenclature. Basel: Karger, 2013.
13. Atramentova L. A., Utevskaia O. M. Statystycheskye methods in biology. Gorlovka: Likhtar, 2008 (in Russian).
14. Shemetun E. V., Pilinskaia M. A., Talan O. A. et al. Arkhiv klinich. ta eksperym. medytsyny, 2012, 21, No. 2: 255–256 (in Russian).